Chapter thirteen

Chapter thirteen

"Neah? How did negotiations with Matal Mogamett go?" Sinbad asked as Neah contacted him with the 'Eye of the Rukh'.

"I didn't talk to 'em." Neah spoke lazily. She was flying on her staff all the way to Reim. Having angered practically all of Magnostadt, none of the ship captains were willing to take her to Reim. Nevermind the fact that Reim and Magnostadt weren't on good terms. "I talked to Chibi though. You know, Aladdin."

"Yes. What did Aladdin say? Why didn't you talk to Mogamett?"

"Aladdin's too preoccupied doing whatever it is he's doing in Magnostadt to help." Neah explained. "And I didn't talk to Mogamett cause I couldn't find him. Besides, it didn't look like anyone there liked me. On the plus side I didn't become a freaky test subject, so yeah."

"That's a good thing. Where are you heading now?"

"Reim. I'm flying there now." Neah groaned, "Flying is so annoying! Takes a lot more magoi than I thought."

"Don't overwork yourself again." Sinbad warned.

"Where the hell am I supposed to rest? The middle of the ocean?" Neah raised an eyebrow at the magic tool. "I should be there by morning if I don't stop...So I'm fine."

"Alright." The king agreed. He then added, "Don't be rude and cause a scene when you speak to Scheherazade. You won't get anything by being childish."

"Yeah, yeah, got it." Neah brushed it off. "See ya later, King Idiot." She 'hung' up the call. She placed the magic tool back into her bag and lied down on her staff as she flew, careful not to fall off. "Why can't I sleep and fly at the same time? That'd be really helpful." She mumbled. Have I even eaten today? Neah thought over the day's events. It's surprising I did all that in just a day. I didn't even make any progress! She sighed as she thought some more, Looks like you're going to have to wait a bit longer, guys, Yuki...

~

"State your business."

Neah was in Reim's capital, Remano. Having made her way into the palace, she now stood before large doors. Inside those doors, was the female magi Scheherazade. "I need to speak to Sch- ah- Lady Scheherazade." Neah was trying her hardest to be nice.

"Lady Scheherazade isn't taking any visitors right now. Come back later." The guard spoke.

"Couldn't you ask her?" Neah pressed. "It's important."

"W-Well..." The man looked her over. Neah looked like she was struggling not to hit him upside the head with her staff. "I suppose. What's your name and reason for an audience?"

"Neah Andson. I need to talk to her on secret magi business."

"Alright, I'll be right back, Miss Andson." The guard nodded and left through the large doors. A few moments later, he returned, "I'm sorry, Miss Andson. Lady Scheherazade is busy at the moment."

Neah grew annoyed, "It's important!"

"I'm sure whatever it is can be addressed at a later date, Miss." The guard tried. "Lady Scheherazade is in even more important meeting right now."

The black haired magi rolled her eyes, "How would you know what's important?" She stomped away, thinking of another plan.

Coming up with one, she ducked into the room beside the one Scheherazade was in. Just as she thought, a window sat on the opposite side of the much smaller room. The room looked to be an office, the window sitting on the wall just behind a desk and chair. Neah quickly climbed out the window and onto her staff. She flew over to one of the windows in the nextdoor room, and stood in it. The gap was just tall enough for her to fit.

Several gasps and the sounds of chairs scratching against the floor echoed across the room. "Lady Scheherazade, look out! There's an intruder!" A pink haired man stood and drew his sword. He quickly walked to his magi's side, who's back was turned to the sudden guest.

"Now, now, no need to get all fired up," Neah jumped from the window to the floor.

"Who are you? What are you doing here?" The pink haired man asked. He had a strong build, and was more than a foot taller than Neah. Not like it took much to be taller than her.

"I just need to talk with Lady Scheherazade," Neah assured. She hid her amazement at being so close to a Fanalis other than Masrur.

"Are you Neah Andson?" A small voice asked behind the Fanalis. Scheherazade walked in front of the man and looked Neah over.

"Yeah- uh- yes," Neah struggled to be formal. "I need to talk to you, it's important. I'm a magi from the future and-"

"Muu?" Scheherazade turned to the Fanalis, "Would you leave us alone for now? We can finish our conversation later."

Muu looked at Neah again before sheathing his sword, "Of course, Lady Scheherazade."

Once they were alone, Neah sat beside Scheherazade at the table, and she began explaining everything. At this point, she didn't even care about having to tell the story a million times. She knew she'd have to do it again in Kou. Finally, after struggling not to swear the entire time, Neah ended with, "So, basically, I need your help with getting rid of MWS."

"I see," Scheherazade nodded, her voice was soft. "Do you know that Reim might end up going to war with Magnostadt soon?"

"Yes, I know, but I could really use you and your armies help. Especially the Fanalis Corps." Neah's tone was desperate.

"I'm not sure I have the help to spare..."

Neah balled one of her hands into a fist, "I know...but this would be for the future of Reim. For your family, your children. Right now, none of the Fanalis are free. I- uh," She contemplated adding another point. "I know your great great grandson. H-He's a magi. He was my friend."

This caught Scheherazade's attention, "Really?"

"Yes. He was taken by the MWS when we were kids." Neah explained. "I don't think I mentioned this, but only relatives of magi can become magi in my time."

"Who are you related to, then?"

"I'm sure you can tell," Neah forced a laugh. "The Kou Empire's Judar."

Scheherazade thought for a long time. She sighed, "I will help you, Neah. To protect the future of Reim. But how do you plan on doing this?"

"I'm not sure yet." This seemed to make Scheherazade unsure again. The older magi didn't want to place her country in the hands of an undeveloped plan. "I know it'll work, though. I promise."

"Alright, I trust you." Scheherazade decided. "Contact me when you need our help, and myself and the Fanalis Corps will be wherever you need us."

"You'll come yourself?" Neah was surprised.

"Yes, I will." Scheherazade nodded, closing her eyes. "For Reim, I will go."

~