"I'm all right, really. I promise." I added, smiling at him. Kipp hesitated, studying me like he was trying to find a lie before he nodded. Seth glanced at me, hooking his thumbs into the loops of his jeans, leaning back against the counter.

"Is that the midget vampire you were telling us about?" He asked, keeping his voice quiet. I nodded, then touched a finger to my lips, grimacing.

"He doesn't know that you know, so pretend you have no idea. He wanted me to just say he's a relative." I replied, making Seth frown.

"Why is he here?" Kipp whispered, shoving an M&M into his mouth.

"My mom," I muttered dryly, "She didn't want me running around without adult supervision after the seizure."

"So she sent this guy." Seth deadpanned. Kipp choked on his giggles, covering his mouth so his food wouldn't fall out, but it did anyway and Seth whacked him upside the head for it before he turned to us, his hands on his hips.

"Fine, whatever, but we're still rehearsing, so if Kipp's done smearing chocolate all over his face like a baby on its first birthday, let's get to it." He told us. We nodded and Kipp made a face, but took the bowl of diabetes inducing treats into the living room. We all piled in there and I was relieved to see that Seth and Kipp had already set up our instruments in the living room. The sofas were all pushed to one side of the living room, making space for our set.

"You got new drums?" I asked, surprised to see the sparkling blue drum set that was sitting in the back. Kipp grinned, wiping his chocolatey fingers on his jeans as he scrambled to his drum set, plopping down on the black leather seat and picking up the drum sticks. He played out a kickass drum solo before twirling the sticks in his hands and adding a finale before looking at me, pleased.

"Uncle sent 'em to me for Christmas this year. Totally brand new, baby. I've decided to name the set Lucifer. Because he plays one bad ass beat." He explained to me cheerily. I grinned at that.

I was mostly relieved, though. They were acting like they used to. They weren't shifty or uncomfortable with me anymore. Had they gotten used to knowing I was a vampire? I couldn't very well ask them with Newell here, so I just enjoyed it as I took my place behind the keyboard Seth had gotten out for me. I tested the keys, pushing my foot down on the pedal for a moment before smiling blissfully at the clean, perfect sound.

Adam and Seth picked up their guitars, strumming a few chords. Adam's more mellow and smooth, Seth's more hardcore and edgy.

Newell just silently sat back on the sofa across the room from us. He sat with his legs crossed on the sofa, his little boots on the floor. He'd taken off his coat, tossing it over the arm of the sofa. Now he just crossed his arms over his chest, watching us. I had a feeling he was telepathically challenging us to try and impress him.

"So this is going to be a Christmas dance basically," Seth said, making Adam and I nod in agreement, so he sighed and strummed a couple of mindless chords, cocking his head to look up at the ceiling thoughtfully, "So we need Christmas songs. I only the shitty ones my mom played for me when I was, like, three."

"Shitty Christmas songs? Blasphemy!" Kipp accused, pointing a drum stick at Seth, who rolled his eyes, then looked at Adam and I for suggestions. I frowned, drumming my fingers on the keys without actually playing them.

"Well. We could do Blue Christmas by Elvis Presley." I offered with a shrug. Seth actually shivered at that suggestion.

"Agh, if he were still alive, he'd be the only guy I'd go gay for." He replied, strumming a few chords until he found the right ones. Adam snorted at that, shaking his head as he played a couple chords and caught onto Seth's rhythm. Kipp flipped his drum sticks into the air, caught them, then caught the beat right away, making me raise an eyebrow before I paused, trying to find the right place to jump in before I caught it.