Chapter 4

I wasn’t in the mood to go to school so I just lay in my bed, watching the ceiling like it hold a huge secret that I was trying to discover.

Leah came quietly to my room, in the morning, worried about me but I told her that I just wasn't feeling well to go to school so I gave her my car keys and she drove herself to school.

I didn't lie, though, I was feeling everything but something good.

After hours and hours, lying in bed completely motionless, the clock stroke, letting me know that were four p.m and it was time to meet Silver. I slowly got up, dressed in a grey sweatpants, and went outside. I looked at the grey sky, that promised fresh snow, and let the cold wind of March sweep me. A tense hand messed my black hair nervously and I could feel slender but strong muscles tightened with the imminence of what was going to happen.

Releasing a loud sigh, I shifted.

I picked up my clothes and ran to the border again. I was doing it quite often, those days.

After a few minutes, I got there, shifting back and dressing my pants. I approached the line, searching for her.

Ten minutes passed, then fifteen, and I just sat there, playing with the snow around me. After almost an hour, I was about to leave when a labored breath and the sound someone running caught my attention.

All sweaty and panting, appeared Silver, who sighed with relief when she saw me there.

- I'm sorry. - she said, between gasps - I had something to do and it took longer than I thought.

- No problem, at least you came.

Tapping the ground near me, I waited as she approached me and sit, a little too far for my taste.

- So want you wanted to talk? - she sigh, looking at me, crossing her arms around her knees that were pulled to the chest.

I gave her the "are you serious?" look. She perfect knew what she was doing there.

- Right. - Silver said. - I know that you think we're mates but...

- We are mates, I don't think, I know and you know too. - I assured, quickly.

- As I was saying, this is too...complicated to work. You're a rogue! If Ryan knew that I was here with you, he would have your head!

- And what you wanna do? Ignoring the bond? You perfectly know that it's not possible, it's too strong, already.

- We can't. - she whined, laying her head on her knees. - You don't understand...

- Not understand? What I don't understand? That you're from other pack? Yes, I already know. That you're a Beta? Yes, I caught that one, too. Maybe, that you don't fucking care about how painful is for me to stay away from you, when I only met you four days ago?! Yes, I freaking know that too! - I shouted, getting up and walking back and forward, in front of her, passing a hand through my already messy hair.

- I care about you, if I didn't... Well, I care! - she said, half whispering, burying her face furder in her arms. - I... I'm just scared... what if we are caught? What if you are caught? They will kill you!

Her anguish tone made me walk towards her, kneeling in front her and grabbing her face, gently. Silver tried to get away from my hold on her, but I didn't let her hide the single tear that had fall of her beautiful greyish blue eyes. Surprising her, I kissed the tear, rubbing my cheek against hers, lovingly.

- Don't be, we aren't going to be caught, and if we are, I can take care of me. - I told her, honestly. - And I can take care of you if you let me.

Silver looked at me, trying to see if I had mean what I had said and leaned her face on the crook of my neck. My arms were, immediatly, around her, embracing her, supporting her. I knew she was frightened of the consequences of our actions, but she had to face it. None of us could stay away any longer.

I pushed her back, wiping her tears.

- Can you trust me? I promise that I won't let anything happen to you, just don't push me away again.

And before she could respond, I brushed my lips against hers.

It started slowly, the most soft kiss, but it grew more intense, when she placed her hands on my neck, pulling my hair slightly at the same time my arms snacked around her waist and crushed her against me.

She pulled away, breathless, letting her hands rest on my shoulders, leaning her head against mine. My hands were on her hips, pulling her to my lap so I could keep her even closer to me.

- It's that a yes? - I asked, also with an irregular breath, almost praying.

- It is a yes. - she confirmed, smiling at me.

My grin was so wide that it hurted my cheeks. I got up, grabbing her and spinning in air so fast that she let out a squeal. Laughing, she held onto my shoulders, hugging me tightly.

I put her down, kissing her over and over again, more happy than ever. I loved to hear her laugh and her smile was stunning, I would live to see them. Rubbing my nose against her cheek, I almost purred when she started to caress my arm, with one hand and stroking my face with the other.

We just kept talking about everything, getting to know each other better. I told her about my sister, my life with her, where did I traveled…I told her everything. In other hand, I asked her what happened after I left the day before.

She didn't want to tell me, but she told me, eventually, that she returned home with the wolves and, after a heated discussion with the Alpha - which made me growl - the wolves were severly punished.

- Are you mad at me? - she asked, pouting.

- Of course I am not mad at you. - I assured, pulling her clear blonde hair away from her face. - I'm pissed at that Ryan who should have kicked those sorry asses instead of screaming at you. - I grumbled.

Giggling softly, she kissed me gently. I responded to the kiss eagerly, making her laugh again. I loved that sound.

We stayed there for hours, just talking and cuddling until it was dark. When we had to say goodbye, she had a hard time to pull me away from her. I didn't want her to go. She promised that we would meet again the next day, but that seemed too long.

However, when I got back home, I was in a better mood than I've had been in years, I even messed around with my sister, loving to see her happy.

When I went to bed, I couldn't wait to go to school the next day. I would see my mate again, and, that time, she was actually mine.