Chapter Forty-One

Start from the beginning

It surprised me so much how many memories could be made in such a short amount of time and it only reminded me that high school would be over in just one more month.

Damn.

Sometimes I wished I could have enjoyed my high school years a bit more.

While I continued staring at my wall, my mother came walking into my room with a small smile on her face. "Carson," she said. "We need to talk."

I turned around in her direction and narrowed my eyes at her. "About what?" I asked, curiously.

"About Vincent."

My eyes widened in surprise. "If you're here to have the birds and the bees nest talk again, um, I would like to just say that we have not gone all the way, mom," I responded, holding my hands up in defence. "Still a virgin here, you know?"

My mother just stared at me like i was nuts. "What? No!" She cried out.  She then laughed as she sat at the foot of my bed. "I wasn't here to talk to about that."

"Oh.... well, now i feel stupid!"

My mother just rolled her eyes as she put an opened envelope onto my lap. "It's from Vincent," she said quietly. "Um, I sort of opened it."

I raised an eyebrow at her. "Did confetti explode in your face or something?" I asked.

"Not quite."

I shrugged as I pulled out the paper that was in the envelope and once I did, my mouth literally hung wide opened. As I brought the rectangular paper up to my face to get a better look at it, i realized that i was a cheque made to me from Vincent Gray. It was cheque for two hundred thousand dollars. 

For a moment, I began wondering why Vincent would send such a great amount of money to me but then I realized that on the night of the Battle of the Bands, I had reminded Vincent about the money for my University tuition fee.

Crap.

I looked down onto the cheque, confused. 

This money was enough for me to go to University for four years and also live on campus.

It was too much.

What was Vincent thinking?"

I looked up to my mom who was looking at me with concern in her eyes. Obviously, she was probably wondering why her daughter's famous boyfriend was sending her a cheque for two hundred thousand dollars. I mean, it didn't really too good for me at the moment.

I let out a shaky laugh because all of a sudden, I felt guilty. "I'm not a gold digger," I insisted.

"I didn't say you were."

I just looked at my mom but didn't say anything else.

Great, now what was I suppose to tell my mom? Was i suppose to tell her about the deal Vincent and I had made two months before? Was I suppose to tell her that our whole "relationship" was just a big-fat lie (partially) and that it was all for the cameras to help with Vincent's public image? How would she understand? How would she handle the truth?

My mom just looked at me and shrugged. "I just want to know why Vincent's sending you a large amount of money," she said.

"I-I don't want to talk about it."

"Anna."

I looked up and my mother was dead serious now. "I want to know," she persisted.

I let out a reluctant sigh and scratched my head. "It's the money Vincent owes me," i told her.