Chapter 11

Knowing that Jalal will be spending the night with her, suddenly, Jodha began to feel everything beautiful around; her ears were hearing melodic music. Clouds began to dazzled at her slowly and ready to pour on her. The feeling of rain and the aroma of the surrounding was making her fanatical. Soon winds began to blow high with the feel of romance in the air millions of butterflies started to flutter in her stomach. Her face was glowing with pleasure. When she passed through the harem hall, many of his queens, who saw her, got amused, seeing her smiling for no reason and completely lost in her world. It was shocking for everyone to see her smiling; she always walked calmly and looked depressed. One of the queens said to the group, "She is happy, just because her parents are coming to take her back to Amer for some Hindu ritual, probably that is why she is gone crazy.

Jodha excitedly reached her chamber. As soon as she entered her chamber, she yelled loudly, "Moti and Reva" before they come within a few seconds, she shouted again impatiently, "Moti,"

Moti and Reva both came running to her worriedly; typically, she doesn't shout unless it's some urgency. Seeing her excited and happy face, both felt took sighed out with relief.

She impatiently told them to decorate her room with beautiful flowers, fragrances, and lots of scented candles.

Moti and Reva looked at each other with a mischievous smile and asked, "Princess Jodha. Is something special today? Why are you so glowing, and why suddenly you want all romantic decorations in your chamber??? Is something special going to happen tonight? We can also decorate your bed with flowers if you want" then both of them started to giggle.

Jodha realized that she was overreacting with Jalal coming to her chamber. She responded loudly, masking her feelings, "Reva, do as I said; he is a Shahenshah, the king of the kings, so I am respecting him by welcoming properly. Nothing is going to happen tonight; I am just fulfilling his condition."

"Oh, Jodha, Can you tell us why you are glowing so bright like the moon and excited like a little kid? Moti asked mockingly in a jesting whisper.

Moti and Reva both silently smirked. She had no explanation for her enthusiasm to mask her feelings; she tetchy said, "Shenshah will come here any second, and you both are wasting your time in teasing and laughing." She paused to look at them and got angrier seeing the humor in their eyes, then she pouted and said, "Just do as I say."

Jodha's POV

An hour later, Jodha looked at herself in the mirror and blushed heavily; she wanted to look her best today. She left her long, shiny and soft hairs open and did all the (Srinagar) makeup; she changed her necklace and earrings to match her dress. While putting on her bangles, She felt embarrassed as she remembered what happened the last time they slept on the same bed. She said to herself timidly, 'oh god, the temptation to be with him is irresistible, but what if he tries to kiss me? He always mesmerizes me with his eyes, and I forget everything. As soon as I see him, my heart jumps and beats so fast that I could hear my heartbeats. I need to control myself; otherwise, it will not take him long to know my heart's condition. She scolded herself for her thoughts. Why do I think about him? Oh, Kanah. What is happening to me? She took a deep breath in and long sighed out, looked at her gorgeous beauty in the mirror, and again got lost in the thoughts.

A few minutes later, Jalal took off his shoes and came inside her chamber without announcement. A dazzling grin crawled on his lips, seeing her chamber decorated with beautiful flowers and lots of glowing candles. A heavy breeze was knocking on the door; the smell of the first rain made the surroundings even more pleasant. Moon was hiding behind dark clouds, which were causing the night to darker. Candle lights were dancing in heavy winds.

His captivating eyes caught Jodha; she was lost in some other world. He indicated to Moti and Reva to leave quietly. Jodha blushed heavily, looking at the mirror; her long hairs were blowing in the wind. Her beautiful hazel, doe-like eyes with long lashes and a deep eyeliner line were glowing in the dim candlelight. Jalal was delighted to see her happy face. She was deeply lost and didn't realize that Jalal was standing there and staring at her without a blink and was admiring her beauty.