Broken: Chapter Twenty-Seven.

***Lauren's Pov

It was the next day and I had already told Michelle about the Kiara situation and told her to spread the rumors around school.
Me: Tell everybody that Kiara is telling people that she slept with Kelly to get back at me and I'm going to blast her in the cafe today.
Michelle: Wow! Is it true though?
Me: Can't be .. Kelly ain't that low.
Michelle: He already has kids by her.. Have you thought about it?
Me: Just go Michelle!
She left off and went off spreading rumors. I haven't exactly thought about it or even asked Kelly about it. I just knew it was a lie and Kiara just wanted to make me jealous. She's mad because she doesn't have a ring on her finger.

As lunch rolled around, I waited as everyone entered the cafeteria. I waited for Rachel to pass by and I grabbed her arm.
Me: You talked to your little friend today?
Rachel: No, why?!
Me: She here?
Rachel: Yeah.
Me: Good. I advise you not to sit with her at lunch today.
Rachel: Why not?
I smiled at her.
Rachel: You wouldn't!
Me: Why wouldn't I? When have I ever not told anything that you've told me?
I smiled again in satisfaction. Rachel's face was priceless.
Rachel: You can't do this Lauren!
Me: Why not? You don't want your 'best friend' to know that your low down and dirty? And that you've been telling me everything about her.
I smiled again and walked away from her. I caught up with Kelly and walked on in the cafe.
Kelly: What's up with you?
Me: Well, hey to you too Kelly! I didn't sleep with you last night!
Kelly looked at me frantically.
Kelly: What are you talking about?
Me: It's just a saying Kelly, which means you should speak before you start interrogating me.
Kelly: Oh, well hey.
I held onto his arm suspiciously. Why'd he do that?

We grabbed our food and sat down at a clear table as the others crowded around us. I spotted Michelle from a distance and she nodded her head to signify that she had done what she was told. I nodded back.
Kelly: Lauren?
Me: Yes baby?
Kelly: What was that for?
Me: What?
Kelly: That thing between you and Michelle!
Me: Kelly... You'll find out.
I looked over and seen Rachel sitting at a table by herself... Kiara was in line with her sister and Carnell. They got their plates and Kiara walked over to Rachel. Rachel wasn't sitting at their usual table so I guess Kiara went over to see why. Carnell and Reese proceeded to their table. I texted Michelle :

As soon as she gets to her table, I'll walk over.

She texted back a simple okay and now it was time to wait for the kill.

***Kiara's Pov
I noticed that Rachel was sitting at the wrong table today. She had her back turned and when I passed by her, she didn't look up at all. She stared at her plate the whole time. I wondered if she was in her bipolar state and didn't want to be bothered but I walked over to check on her anyways.

Me: Rachel, what are you doing sitting here?
Rachel: I can't sit with y'all today ..
Me: Why not?
Rachel: I just can't ... Now go please.
Me: You okay?
Rachel: I'm not... And you're not either.
Me: Huh?
Rachel: Just go!
I didn't bother to question her anymore. She looked as if she would blow up anytime now. I guess it's the baby. I walked back to my table and noticed that all eyes were on me. I looked around to more faces staring at me. I heard rude comments like "whore", "bitch", "slut" on my way to my table. I was so confused right now.
Reese: Why the long face?
Me: Rachel said she couldn't sit with us and I don't quite know why. I think it's the baby but.... Then people started calling me names.
Reese: Names?
I seen Reese raise her eyebrow and sit up in her seat.
Me: Yeah, like I don't know why?!
Reese: What'd they say?
Me: They said things like they know...
Reese: Know what?
Me: Like they know... About the other night.
I tried to give a signal to her so Carnell wouldn't figure it out.
Carnell: She's talking about what happened the other night with her and Kelly.
He smiled and laughed.
Me: Carnell! You know?
Carnell: Yeah .. I asked him and he came clean.
Me: Oh gosh!
I hit my head with my hand. Reese hit Carnell.
Reese: Stop laughing.. And how could they know unless one of you told anybody. Did you tell someone?
Me: No, I just told you and Rachel..
Reese: Who'd he tell?
Me: Carnell.. And God knows who else.
I looked over at Kelly and he smiled and waved. I looked back to Reese without an expression. Reese sat back in disgust.
Reese: Kiara... It's about to go down.
Me: Huh?
That's when I saw a pair of hands hit the table and I instantly jumped. Reese looked up and my eyes followed. Lauren was standing over us.
Lauren: So you think it's cool to lie and say you sleep with other people's men huh?
My eyes grew big!
Me: What are you talking about?
I said with aggression.
Lauren: Don't act like you don't know! 
She started yelling and made her way to the middle of the cafe.
Me:*whispers* Can you lower your voice?
Lauren: Kelly and I have been together for FOUR YEARS!
Reese: *whispers*Pssh, on and off..
Lauren: And you want to try and ruin that!
She began to cry and I could tell it was fake! But she kept yelling..
Lauren: Kiara has been spreading rumors about her sleeping with Kelly!
I looked at Kelly who spit out his water and ran over to the drama. I looked to Lauren who was evilly smiling.
Me: I've been spreading RUMORS?!?!
Lauren: Yes, you've been lying!
Kelly: Lauren, you don't need to do this right now..
He grabbed her arms and she snatched away from him!
Lauren: Why not Kel, unless the lies aren't lies and you guys really did sleep together....
Kelly: Lauren, sit down.
He turned to the crowd who was waiting on the next move.
Kelly: It's over guys! Shows over!
Lauren: No! I want the truth! Did you or did you not sleep with her?!
Her eyes filled with real tears this time. Kelly didn't answer her.
Kelly: Let's go..
He tried to pull her to him but she snatched away.
Lauren: No! No! No!
She hit him and hit him and hit him but he kept trying to make her stop.
Lauren: How could you cheat on me!!
Kelly: Lauren!
Lauren: No tell me!! You gave me a ring! You said you were going to marry me! We even tried to start a family!
I looked to Kelly and he looked up shocked. I shook my head.
Kelly: Lauren, what the HELL are you talking about! We've never tried to start a family! I made the choice to sleep with Kiara.. It's not her fault! I wanted it.. And even though she wanted it too , I wanted her more. You were the reason why I forgot what it feels like to love someone! You were! It's because of you that I forgot about who Kiara was in the first place!
It grew quiet. No one was saying anything.
Kelly: I'm tired of pretending now.... I don't love you Lauren. I've tried to make myself love you and I just can't do it anymore. Everytime I think of being with someone, you don't come to my mind. And especially after this stunt you pulled, I don't even want to be with you. I love Kiara... And I never stopped.
I looked up and his eyes were on me. I felt so... I felt loved.
Lauren: So it's fine that you cheated on me! After all we had!
Kelly: No, it's not okay and I should've told you that I had feelings for her. But I didn't want to disappoint you! I'm sorry Lauren.
Lauren: You promised we'd be together through whatever!
She cried through her words.
Kelly: Yeah I did! But this was before you started losing your mind. You're crazy Lauren. And I'm done!