Broken: Chapter Fourteen.

***Kiara's Pov

I work at a Chester's, a very fancy restaurant where all the rich people eat and spend a fortune. My job description is waitress but I'm pretty sure I've done it all here and still doing it all now, for the extra money of course. It was very busy tonight and I was having a hard time. If I wasn't almost busting my ass carrying dishes out, I was forgetting to do something for a table. The manager just so happened to be here tonight, critiquing. I was nervous and I just had a lot on my mind. I walked to my table with their food.

Me: Here you guys are! Chicken fettuccine and fish mignon with freshly scalloped potatoes. Anything else?
Lady: Can I get some more fresh water?
Me: Yes you may. I'll be right back.

I took her glass and headed to get a refill. I stopped by another one of my tables to check on them as well. They were fine. I took her, her refill.

Me: Here you are ma'am!
Lady: Thank you !
Me: No problem.. I'll be back to check with you shortly.

Then I headed back to the kitchen. I started washing dishes and sweeping to keep it clean. Everyone was yelling "Keep it clean, Keep it clean!" And "M.O.B." Which meant manager on board. I swear I hated when he came. Atleast it's almost time for closing.

-An hour later-

We were just finishing up in the back and the manager came in with a folder. He left it with the chef. The folder contains how well he thinks we're doing and if it had a pink slip, that implied that someone would be getting fired. I was wiping down the counter tops as the chef told everyone that she'd look at it tomorrow because she was ready to go home. I am too.

There's this one girl that I've become acquainted with, Becca. White girl, with a lot of attitude. She has that deep southern Texas accent , you just can't help but want to hear her talk.

Becca: Hey, you think it might be a pink slip in there?
Me: Maybe. I know I almost dropped food about 5 times tonight.
Becca: I hope he wasn't paying me that much attention because I did a lot wrong.
Me: Hopefully , if he did see it.. He won't get us for it.
Becca: You're right.

I went to put the cloth back by the sink and clocked out. I grabbed my purse from a cabinet and grabbed my phone. Becca followed me out.
Becca: So when you gone let me see them babies girl..
Me: I'm gonna have to bring them up here when you work so you can see them.
Becca: Yes girl, do that! I love to see look alikes... I'll see you tonight.

Yes. Tonight. It was 1 AM. Reese is probably knocked out. I got in my car and headed home.

Once I got there, I felt relieved. My feet hurt, my arms hurt, my back is killing me. I just want to get in my bed. I unlocked the door and found Reese on the couch asleep with the twins. I dropped my purse on the table.
Me: Some babysitter.

She woke up with me making all the noise.
Reese: Oh, you're back..
Me: Mmhm.. You can stay here if you want.
Reese: Kiara, I got something to tell you.
Me: Listen Reese, I'm tired... My feet hurt. Can it wait until the morning ?
Reese: It's serious..
Me: I know you're sorry and all but I'm just not ready to accept the fact that you been talking to him this whole time. After I told you how he treated me!

I picked up Raylin to carry her into the bedroom.
Me: But it's cool.. I'm happy for you and Carnell.
Reese: Okay, I'll wait and tell you later..

I put Ray down and went back to get Ry. He was awake went I went to get him.
Ry: Ma...
He started crying..
Me: No Rylan, don't cry right now. Mommy's so tired.
I picked him up and rocked him so he would be quiet. I took him into the room when he stopped and laid down with him. He fell asleep on my chest as I rubbed his back. I kissed him and put him by Raylin. Then I was out too.