Broken: Chapter Eighteen.

Next Day. Suspension Day 1

**Kiara's Pov
They released me this morning around 9 because that's when they got the paperwork. I was so glad because I was ready to get in my own bed. Mom drove us to my apartment with Derrick and Reese, since my car was still at school. Reese forgot she had my keys this whole time.
Reese: I'll get the car when I get to school.
Me: You better!

I also made an appointment for the twins to get DNA testing done tomorrow and it's right after Derrick goes to his appointment so they'll all be there for support and we'll all be there for him as well.
Me: Make sure you tell Carnell to tell Kelly it's at 4:30.
Reese: I'll tell him as soon as I see him Ki.
Me: Good.

Once we arrived to my apartment, we all got out to go inside. Yes, I was letting Derrick go in too. We walked up the stairs as I fumbled to find my keys in my purse. I found them and unlocked the door and opened it so we all could go inside.

When I opened the door I found a envelope on the floor with my name on it. I picked it up as everyone went in. I slipped it in my purse so they wouldn't notice.

Mom: Well Kiara, I got all of your stuff in. You gone be fine with the twins or do you need me to stay?
Me: No Mom, I got it. Plus, you need to go and take care of Derrick anyways.
He had just sat down and started playing with the twins who were all over him.
Me: Twins be careful!
Derrick: Oh Kiara, I'm fine. You guys don't have to worry about me.

They continued playing. I think he's in denial about everything that's going on with him. Everytime we try and take it slow with him, he makes sure we know he's fine but he's not. I really hope he gets better though. I want him in the twin's life.

Mom, Reese, and Derrick got up and left after about 30 minutes of playing with the twins. They were wore out and sleepy by the time Derrick got finished tickling them. So they went right to bed. I started typing up my paper so I could have it ready for class on Friday. I couldn't believe I got a three day suspension. What am I gonna do for those three days? I should go to work.. But who's gonna watch the kids? Or should I stay with them to bond and rest? I finished working on my paper, I didn't need to start stressing about that and have another episode. Especially not with just the twins here..

I remembered the envelope I picked up and put in my purse. I went and got it out and opened it. What could it be? I unfolded the letter and it read:

Kiara Parker:

We are displeased to inform you about you being behind on your rent. Rent is due ASAP for you and you will be needing to pay 1/4th of the total plus rent for this month in order for us to keep you here. You have until the 20th to get it together.

I didn't finish reading it... I know I'm only one month behind on rent and that would be August only. It's the beginning of September , I didn't understand! I folded the paper back up and put it on my night stand and continued to do my paper.

***Reese's Pov
By the time I got to school, it was lunch time so I made my way to the cafeteria. Everyone was talking and laughing and having a good time. I went over to find some cheerleaders to sit with.
Me: Hey guys!
They all greeted me. I sat down.
Layla: So is it true?
Me: What's true?
Layla: Kiara's your sister?
Me: Yes..
Layla: Oh my gosh, like I totally remember her!
Layla can be a little dense.
Layla: Word around school is that Kelly's her baby daddy.. And that she's in the hospital now because she had a mental breakdown.. Is it true?
Me: More like babies daddy.. She has twins. And she has what they call an acute stress disorder.
Layla: Oh gosh! Like I hope she's gonna be okay!
Me: She's fine. They released her today..
Layla: I heard that Lauren's pretty mad and is planning to do some really evil stuff went she gets back. Tell Kiara to watch herself.
Me: I will.