Broken: Chapter Eight.

Monday.

Kiara's Pov

Back at school.

I was headed to my locker to put some books down and then pick some up. I wondered what Ms.E thought about my informative essay and who she thought would be a great partner for me for this assignment. I really hope it's not who I think it is because I really don't want to be Rachel nor Kelly's partner.

The bell rang shortly and I jetted off to class. Moving too fast, I accidentally bumped into Rachel.
Rachel: Ugh! Why won't you watch where you're going?!
Me: Why won't you be quiet like you use to be!

I put my hand out to help her up but she slapped it out of her face.
Rachel: I don't need your help!!
She got up and went into class. I followed behind her.

I would have apologized to her if she would have given me the chance but now, I'm like forget it. She wouldn't have wanted it anyways.

I waited for class to began. Ms.E walked in with a wide grin on her face like she has some devious idea in her brain that she knew we wouldn't like. She ran over to close the door. Surprisingly, everyone was in class.
Ms. E: Wow! Everyone's early today. And everyone's present! I guess you wanted to know who your partners are so you can see if it'll be okay to skip class or not huh? Don't think about it because it will not work.
She walked around the classroom and continued to explain what was going on.
Ms.E: I carefully reviewed your papers and placed you with partners based on how similar your lives are and may be. Don't worry, I'm not going to spill the beans about what your paper said. But you are. Your goal in this assignment is to see if you can find out what it is about one another that is similar. This might be an easy assignment to some and to others maybe not. In this process, you will interview the other person with common questions and find out as much as you possibly can about one another. You have to get comfortable and be able to talk to the other but the opposite person has to keep in mind that all this information is confidential. You are not to be spreading rumors about another student. If this proceeds, you will be expelled.

The class got rowdy.
Ms. E: I've already talked it over with the principal. It's final. This is a project! Not something for you to find dirt on your fellow classmate. Alright! You ready to find out who's with who?

The class didn't reply.
Ms. E : I hope that means yes!

She went back around to her desk and picked up some index cards and started passing them around.
Ms. E: These index cards have your partners name on them. Once you get it, go sit by your partner.
I noticed that I didn't receive a card. But Kelly did, and Rachel did. Oh gosh!
Everyone started making arrangements to move around. I just sat there and waited for my partner. Michelle got up and Rachel flopped down in her seat, angrily.
Rachel: We're partners!
Me: Great... Just great.

Why'd Ms. E choose Rachel to be my partner? What could we possibly have in common?! We can't even get along. But I'm glad it's her instead of someone I didn't quite know.

Ms. E: Now that you guys know your partners, you have time to discuss when you can meet up and start working. You have the rest of the class to do so.

Rachel looked so uninterested. I guess I have to be the bigger person.
Me: So when are you free?
Rachel: Never if I have to work with you..
Me: You need to cut the crap, Rachel. Disregard whatever you ASSUMED I've done and get ready for this assignment. I really don't have the patience to deal with you.
Rachel: But when you decided to steal my book I bet you had the patience to read it.
Me: I didn't read it ! I don't have time to do anything like that.

Rachel grew quiet. She wrote on the index card Ms. E gave to her.
Rachel: Whatever. Here's my number, text me later on and I'll let you know when I'm free.
Me: Why can't you tell me now?
Rachel: I'm a busy person. I have things to do.
Me: Then why won't you just text me when you come up with a free time?
I knew she could tell I had a point. I took the paper from her and wrote my number down on it.
Me: Text me as soon as you find something out.
I handed it back to her and she took it. She still was acting like she didn't want me as her partner. I can tell that she wasn't really mad at me though.
Me: You know you don't have to put this act on for everybody.
Rachel: Huh?
The bell rang and everyone dashed out of class. I didn't even get to repeat myself but after I thought about it, I should really tell myself that. Here I was putting on this act so no one would remember me. So I can't really say anything like that to her.