six

gabby »

my mom let me stay home after explaining to her. she said not to let hayes get to me, and keeps asking if i really want to quit the team. coach keeps calling, telling us how sorry he is about hayes and that he suspended him from the team for the first game. that didn't make me feel any better though, hayes hasn't texted, called or been on social media since the incident. his dad probably took his phone away or something.

i lay in bed, scrolling through hayes' ex girlfriend, emma's, instagram. she was so pretty, i guess she moved away in the middle of 8th grade, i didn't know her though. pictures of the two tore my heart apart. they were so happy, so perfect. i decided to get up, it was 7 pm and my mom brought me breakfast and lunch. the least i could do was eat dinner with them.

when i walked down, they were setting the table. "hey, guys.." i said, quietly. my father eyed me and went back to putting silverware at each seat. i knew he was just dying to say "i told you so".

after i finished my diner, i was excused. we didn't say much, my mom and dad talked about jasper's car payments. nothing that concerned me. i walked upstairs and showered. i got ready for bed and laid down. i unlocked my phone to see texts from rose and hayes. oh no.

from rosie: wth where were you?
to rosie: ill explain tomorrow, i promise
from rosie: okay, good night

i clicked on the notification...

from hayes: im sorry

i read it, but didn't say anything. i did over react a bit. i mean, i quit football because of a dumb asshole. i decided to call coach.

"uh- hello?"
"hi, coach its gabby."
"oh- hello, gabby.."
"is there room for a new running back?"
he laughed, "welcome back, gabby. ill see you at practice tomorrow."
"okay,"
"bye-bye."

i decided just to go to sleep, ill tell mom about my choice tomorrow.
-

i was currently shuffling though the halls to fifth hour, i passed hayes' locker. more people were gathered than usual. i looked beside hayes. his ex... emma.

-

ew so short lol. idk ill update tomorrow i guess. goodnight babes. :)