zero

first, i would like to give @amazelandis full story cred. she's an amazing writer so go check out her stories!
-

hayes »

damn. coach is cracking down on kids this year, i thought as i watched my dad/coach cut three more guys. "move your feet! you have to get down that field!" he screamed. he should letting some on the team, there's only five more people in line to try out.

i sighed and returned to eating my chips my mom packed for a snack, she knew we'd be here all day. i looked over to see a car drop of a girl, id seen her around school last year. she wore an old jersey and some compression pants, she carried a fairly new pair of cleats and a helmet. was she trying out? i laughed to myself as i walked over to her.

"what can i help you with?" i asked, quite rudely. "i want to try out." she said. "yeah, sure. but you're not going to make it, coach is strict. and im sure, some girl like you ain't any better than the last kid." she shrugged. "watch me."

she made her way over to the bench. coach saw her. "alright boys, take 5." he walked over to her. i got closer. "you're trying out?" he asked. "yeah, for running back." he shook his head. "okay, hayes, get over here." i walked over. "throw her a few."

"down, set, HIKE!" she took off down the field. dodging imaginary defensemen. shit, she's fast. i threw the ball before she turned around, hoping she'd miss. she turned just in time, jumping for the ball. she continued her run down the field. "damn! boys, breaks over. time for defense!" coach called. "hayes, throw the ball a couple times. let's see how she is with real defense." he crossed his arms. and stood back. i waited for the girl to throw the ball back. she tossed it to me and stood beside me, ready to take off.

"HIKE!" she took off, hurdling over the guys who tried to tackle her. i threw a spiral as fast as i could. she jumped and caught it. mikey was so close to tackling her, but she paused, causing him to crash into the ground. "wow." the guys said as we watched her. "she's hot too." some of them said. "you're not going to keep her, right?" dad shook his head.

"you made the team. congratulations." he shook her hand. "thanks, coach." she winked and he laughed. "what's your name?" he asked. "gabriella, call me gabby." she pulled her helmet off and put it in her arm. "welcome to the team," the guys said as coach walked away. she giggled. "thanks." i watched her, angrily as she walked towards the bench. she looked back at me and smirked.

she made it.

-

im beyond excited for this story! if you don't know too much about football, it's okay, i don't either and i won't put a lot of football "terms" in this story, but.. yeah. that's all. :-) xoxo

sta