two

quick a/n: tbh i don't mind if you ask me to update like most authors. i think it's cool af people are actually enjoying let alone: READING my book. lol. love y'all

gabby »

it's been a week since tryouts, a week since hayes and i became friends. and im beyond excited for school to start, and even more excited for the games to start. i couldn't quit thinking about hayes. what if he asked me out? i mean, i like him... but what if? he doesn't like me, i know for a fact. but i can't stop thinking about being the only girl on the team. we travel around the country, playing tons of schools and in competitions. im the only girl. it's just going to be me, coach, hayes and 40 other guys. yes, forty. (a/n: yeah, that's a lot, i know, but i looked it up, lmao.) today i was asking the guys some questions about the team. since i made varsity as a freshman, i didn't know too much. they said we usually take two tour buses the school owns. we're usually split up by grades. freshman and sophomore varsity and junior and senior varsity, but this year, we'd only be taking one bus, since we didn't have as many guys... and me. so, one bus, full of stinky, smelly guys.. and hayes and i. wow. i can't think straight. hayes is a stinky, smelly guy! but he's not. YES HE IS. thoughts raced through my head. my phone rang. it was hayes, facetiming me. it's 10 am, i look like poop. i ran to the bathroom and checked my face, i didn't look too bad. i raced back to my phone and accepted it. "hey." i laughed out of breath. "hey, my brother and his girlfriend are taking me to the waterpark, do you want to come along?" he asked. (a/n: this would be the cutest first date omg, go me!) i laughed. "ugh. yeah, ill come." "great, we'll pick you up in an hour." he smiled like a kid in a candy store. "great! i will see you then!" i laughed again and ended the facetime.

i ran downstairs, "mom?" i called, "in here!" she called from her office. she was a writer and was always in there. "heyyyy. do you mind if i go to the water park?" i smiled. she sighed. "go ahead, if your father asks, don't tell him you went with hayes." she winked. how did she know? i laughed, "thanks, mom." "no problem, and gab?" i paused. "i was a 14 year old too. that's how i know." i laughed and shook my head. that's why i loved my mom so much, she was so understanding and accepting. i had 50 minutes.

after showering, brushing my teeth and hair, and braiding my hair, i put on a pink and black bathing suit. i slipped my favorite pink crop top on with some shorts. i looked decent.. hayes texted me.

be there in 10

i was so excited... maybe he did like me. no, he's just being friendly. i thought. i put my lifeproof case on my phone so i could take underwater pics. i had everything. i brought $50 dollars in my back pocket too. i heard a car horn and ran outside. thank god my dad was at work, because he'd be asking some questions by now. hayes opened the backseat door to a black malibu, revealing a guy and a girl in the front. "hey, im nash." the guy turned. "im brittney!" the girl smiled. she was pretty. nash had the same perfect blue eyes as hayes. "i- im gabby." i smiled. "you're so much prettier than hayes described you!" brittney called. my face got hot. "thank you. you are too." hayes slipped in the car beside me. "okay, guys. thanks for introducing yourselves. that's enough." he laughed. "what?! she deserves to know you're obsessed with her." my faced flushed and i laughed along with brittney and nash. hayes turned red and smiled. "sorry about them," he laughed. i smiled and shook my head.

when we arrived at the waterpark, nash payed for all of us. i thanked him and followed them to a table. we took our clothes off and walked to the water slide. "i love that bathing suit! call me britt, by the way." brittney smiled. "awe, thank you. and okay," "the boys get really competitive, so you and i have to stick together. they're just alike. if you have any questions about hayes, let me know, he's just like nash." she laughed. "okay, thanks." i giggled. "you and i are going to get along well." she smiled. i just smiled. "two at a time!" the life guard called.

"gabby, you ready?" hayes asked when we were next in line. nash and britt were in front of us and i watched them take off down the slide. they screamed and laughed, they were so cute together. he held his hand out, helping me in the tube. "ready?" the guard smirked at me. "more than ill ever be." hayes said, sounding annoyed. "not really, but i guess." i laughed. "it's fun," he winked. "look dude, she's with me." hayes growled. "chill, bro. just being friendly." the guard said. "little too friendly." he said, and we took off down the slide, by the time we reached the bottom, a scream never left either of our lips, just awkward silence. hayes let me climb out of the tube and then carried it up. "what's the problem?" nash laughed. "that dick at the-" "the guard was being nice and hayes went off on him." i said, "what's up with you?" i asked him, as nash nodded and walked towards another slide with britt. "my problem is you just let guys look at you like you're the last brownie!" he nearly yelled. i must confess, he's hot when his abs are dripping wet and he's mad. "so, you're not my boyfriend. i don't need you to fuck some dude up for flirting with me." i laughed. "well," he sighed. "i want to be." he said. "you want to be what?" i asked, my heart racing. he looked me in my eyes and pulled my head towards his face, kissing me. "i want to be your boyfriend."

-

woah, chill hayes. you just found out her name last week. lmao. xoxo
sta