'Why Did I Do This Again'?

"If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you won't give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for".
-Bob Marley-

Song up above , is Daylight by Matt and Kim (: Give it a listen for me ❤️

"Ready girls? Okay. Simple routine. The beat; 5 and 6 and 7 8. The first step, high kick with your left leg.

"Next, turn around and land with your hands on your knees, then shake the bum that your mums gave you. Then, right hand first goes to the back of your head and then left, then sway your hips from side to side three times.

"Afterwards, you'll cartwheel and land in the splits position. Got it? Okay. We will start with Lana, everyone else sit on the bleachers and observe".

I rolled my eyes and stomped to the bleachers. I plopped down taking a swig from my Gatorade.

I was only auditioning to be a stupid cheerleader because I wanted to prove Danny wrong. This is the last time I ever tried to do that.

"This is bullshit huh"? I looked to my left and saw that a red headed girl with green eyes was staring back at me. She was beautiful no doubt about that.

I chuckled. "Tell me about it, I'm only here to prove someone wrong".

She scoffed. "Lucky you, I'm here by force, my mom claims I need to be more 'girly'".

I laughed. "Fuck that, I'm fine with sweats and a band tee".

She smiled at me. "Yeah same, I'm Rory, you"?

"Ariel Montgomery".

She nodded. "I've heard about you".

"Excuse me"?

She shot a reassuring smile my way. "Nothing bad, just that all the girls envy you because you're friends with Danny and Tyler's trying to get at you".

"They can suck my a-"

"Ariel you're up".

I groaned and said a quick goodbye to Rory before making my way to the center of the gym, front and center.

"Whenever you're ready".

I nodded and replayed the beat in my head. 5 and 6 and 7 8 . I did all the moves that had been taught earlier and surprised myself when I could still do a cartwheel. I surprised myself even more when I landed in the perfect split.

"Wow that was really good".

"So I didn't make the team right"? I asked hopefully.

"Don't be silly, of course you did"! The girls started squealing and I flinched.

"Practice tomorrow, 3 to 4:30, can't wait to see you there".

I forced a smile and got up and stomped back to the bleachers so I could go home.

"If you didn't want to make the team you could have purposely sucked". Rory said smirking at me as she stretched; she was on deck.

I rolled my eyes. "Thanks for the insight".

"Rory next".

"Good job Montgomery". Rory said before walking to the center of the gym where I had been only moments before.

I groaned and picked up the duffel bag I had brought with me. I walked out the gym doors and into the bitter air outside.

It was 62 degrees and the sweat I had built up was only making me colder.