Ice Cream Doesn't Only Look Good in a Cone

"Imagining the future is kind of nostalgia. You spend your whole life stuck in the labyrinth, thinking about how you'll escape it one day, and how awesome it will be, and imagining that future keeps you going, but you never do it. You just use the future to escape the present".
-John Green-

"Does my butt look weird in these pants"? Danny asked as I closed my locker.

I turned around and raised an eyebrow. "Are you gay"? I asked him.

He rolled his eyes. "No, but these pants feel weird so maybe they're making my butt look weird, are they"?

I laughed before checking. "Nope your ass looks beautiful".

He rolled his eyes before slinging his arm around my shoulder as we walked to fifth period together. Pe.

"So Tyler tag along for the ride Huh"?

I nodded. "Charlie didn't like it one bit".

He chuckled. "Figures, speaking of Charlie, my mom and I are coming by later, I think Kylie is coming too, I'm not sure though".

"She should, I haven't seen her in awhile". Kylie was Danny's older sister. She was 24, married, and had a month old little girl.

She was pretty successful, she was a designer and a lot of famous people wore her designs. Her husband was born into a wealthy family and had already received his inheritance, which was a lot.

So yes, she was now rich.

"I know, I want to see her little girl". Danny replied.

I nodded adjusting my bag on my shoulder.

"It'll be fun, I know my mom and dad will be happy to see you guys".

He nodded. "My mom said she'd let your mom know but in case she didn't, we're going to be stopping by at around 6:30".

I nodded. "You're in luck. Today's carne asada Wednesday".

He grinned. "Your dads meat is the best".

I rolled my eyes. "You're such a white boy. Say it with me, carne asada".

He tried but he couldn't roll his R's so I started laughing.

He frowned. "I'll work on it".

"Three years of taking Spanish, and you can't even roll your R's".

"Shut up". He muttered.

I grinned.

"I'll see you in P.E.".

I nodded and gave Danny a hug before walking further down the hallway to the girls locker room.

Before I got there Tyler stopped me.

I glared up at him.

"Now what"? I asked tapping my foot impatiently.

"What are you doing later". He asked letting go of my arm.

"I'm busy".

He rolled his eyes. "I figured but doing what"?

I sighed knowing I wasn't going anywhere unless I told him.

"After school I have work and after work I have to go home for a dinner".

He nodded slowly. "Where do you work"?

I creased my eyebrows. "Why do you care"?

He rolled his eyes. "I'm curious, relax".

"Mel's ice cream parlor".

He nodded. "See you later princess". He said as he walked away whispering in my ear.