8. Burrito vs Egg Roll

Start from the beginning

"Because they're smaller than potato chip bags." I instantly reply; my mom asked my dad and I the exact same question. "Since you have your casts off already, we'll be able to do more things?"

"Like what?" Charlotte boot over her foot. She just has to wear it if we do a lot of walking, otherwise she can keep it off.

"Like the welcoming ceremony and dates." I take her tiny hand in mine. "Shopping too."

"Dates?"

"Walks on the beach and stuff- don't girls like that?"

She shrugs and answers, "I don't kn-know, I've never been on a date."

"Me neither."

****

"How does the mating process go?" Charlotte randomly questions. She traces the lines on my hand and shifts on my lap.

Lowering down the TV volume, I say, "First we meet. Next comes marking, but I won't do that until you're ready; we'll be able to feel each other's emotions and read each other's thoughts."

"Then we'll mate and... yeah." I avoid the sex subject as best I can.

"Does marking hurt?"

"I'll make sure it doesn't." As she turns to face me, I lean in for a kiss. Short and sweet is how I keep it. (Ever since yesterday I've taken at least four cold showers after make-our sessions with her)

"Do you want to go on a run?" I ask.

"I can't." she holds up her gauze covered arm. It's supposed to be healing.

"How about a walk? Around the pack." She eagerly nods and smiles at me before frowning again.

"What if people stare?"

"Who cares if they do?"

"But... What if they say something?" Charlotte continues to list irrational that can happen if we go on a walk; I can tell she wants to go, but she's thinking of people judging her.

'Make her shut up!' my wolf happily orders. I crash my lips to Charlotte's and tell her, "Barely anyone will be around us, the most people we'll see are a few warriors on break."

"Okay..."

She looks unsure of her decision, but puts her shoes on; also getting her finger stuck in the laces at the same time. "Xander it's stuck." she whispers tugging at the strings.

Laughing at her incident, I examine the multiple knots she tied. "Do you know how to tie your shoes?" I ask wondering how this happened.

"I do, my hand just slipped."

"When you were younger you got your finger stuck in almost everything." I say. "One time you came crying to me because you got your finger stuck in the Operation game board."

"Really?" The color pink appears on her cheeks.

"You thought that you were gonna die because Brody told you that the game electrocuted everything that went in." the next sentence I whisper in her ear, "I was your hero."

"I believe that."

"You do?"

"I trust you." she nods. "You aren't lying."

As we head outside, I realize that she can't keep up with my long strides, let alone my shorter ones. "Hop on my back."

"Your skin is soft." She wraps her legs around my torso and places her arms over my shoulders with her palms on my chest.