Can They Be Trusted?

I stood there shocked. Sitting with a broken leg smug look on his dirty face was none other than Nick. "I can't say I'm happy to see your face again Nick" Danny growled angrily. "Really? Here I thought you missed me" Nick replied sarcastically. I had way to many thoughts running through my mind to even speak. "Wow Winter look at you I guess its safe to say that you are no longer a virgin. Too bad I would have loved to have a go at you. I bet I would have been better than your mate" he sneered at me. Danny growled his body was shaking. Looking around the prison I saw a couple of other hunters in another cell, if you could even call them that. They looked no older than 7 or 8 years old. I felt such sadness take over me because I see how scared and overwhelmed they were. In the cell opposite the little kids I saw a dead body.

"Why are you back here Nick, and why with these little kids?" Danny asked. "Do you not remember what that bitch of yours did to me? Without my wolf what was I supposed to do? I couldn't survive in the human world. We were left all alone with nothing. Nowhere to go, nothing to eat ,NOT A DAMN THING!" at this point Nick was yelling. Taking deep breaths to calm his nerves he continued. "Since you took everything from me I wanted to take everything from you. I am going to take away everything you love. These kids they were all that was left of the group of hunters I was in charge of."

"What do you mean the group you were in charge of?" I questioned. "Did you really think that I would come after you without a plan. Without having some sort of backup. I know this is one of the largest and strongest packs do I look dumb enough to come with just those weak kids" he laughed. The way he mentioned his group made me wonder just how many more groups there was out there that had it in for us. "There is so much more coming for you guys that you won't even be ready for it all. I wish I was able to see everything you love and value taken away from you like you did me. Alright I'm done talking if you're going to kill me hurry up and get it over with" Nick said to Danny. "One more thing before I die, who do you think told them to use wolfsbane and vampire venom although it saddens me to know that you didn't die instantly Winter" Nick said pretending to be sad. Danny wasted no time in changing into his wolf breaking down the cell door and tearing into Nick slowly and carefully tearing him limb from limb. I watched as his fur changed from his normal black to red and green while it got matted with all the blood that kept was spewed out of Nick's body. All you could hear were the screams and sounds of pain coming from Nick along with bones being crushed. After awhile even I had to turn away from the gruesome scene in front of me. The kids were throwing up and crying. I could smell the fear rolling off of everyone in the room even the pack fighters.

I knew the reason for the fear from the pack fighters usually Danny went for quick kills never prolonging the situation or using up too much energy. But not this time I could tell he was getting all of his anger and frustration out on Nick. As well as his fur changing colors no one outside our families knew that he would be able to do that. I thought about going over to Danny to stop him once Nick was dead but I knew he was too far gone so I mind linked him. 'Danny, Danny boy he's dead now you can change back now. We still need to deal with these kids' I said softly. Slowly he started to calm down and relax. But me mentioning the hunters I felt him getting worked back up. I slowly placed myself in front of their cell knowing he wouldn't attack me.

One of the pack fighters had went to go get Danny some shorts so he could shift back. "Come on I need to get off my feet we can discuss what to do with them later" I said grabbing Danny's hand leading him out of the prison. You could see the look of relief on those kids faces as well as fear of not knowing what will happen. "Put what's left of that body in the cell with them" Danny called over his shoulder.

While back in our room I changed into one of Danny's big t-shirts to sleep in. As he took a shower to wash off the blood on him. I was so busy thinking about those kids that I didn't hear him get out of the shower or come into the room until I felt the bed dip."I've never seen you kill like that before" I said. He took a deep breath then spoke "I know I was so angry to find out it was him behind all of these attacks. Then to he told them about the wolfsbane and vampire venom. I stopped thinking at that point I felt all the fear and anger I had when you were in the hospital so I snapped I felt like I let the pack down by not killing him when I had the chance". I can't believe he was blaming himself for what Nick had done. "There is no way we could have known he would try to harm us Danny. We did what we thought was right at the time" I replied hoping to show him it wasn't his fault.