The Talk

I walk into the house still thinking about what my mom told me not paying attention I bumped into some one and instantly knew it was Danny from the sparks that were shooting up and down my arms from where we touched.

I gave him a once over his once bright green eyes were dull and lifeless, the dark tan skin now gone replaced with pale yellow skin. The golden blonde hair that was usually styled to perfection gone leaving greasy dirty hair in its wake. I gasped loudly at the sight before me, this is not the person I used to know.

My wolf kept whimpering inside of me. 'You caused this look at our mate he's killing himself' she whined.

'what am I supposed to do just forget about all of those girls he slept with not to mention you were mad at him as well' I replied back.

'I know, I still am mad but we're both dying. Our wolves can't continue much longer being separate' she said. 'So I'm just going to be human?' I asked. 'No seeing as how we're connected we'll all parish' she said sadly.

'I can't forgive him right now, but I don't want to die what am I supposed to do' I whispered back. 'Let him mark us but go no futher until you're ready or you can choose to reject him and find a different mate. As much as he has hurt us both I can't see myself loving anyone but his wolf. she said. 'Ok I'll let him mark me but he will be punished that's for sure' I replied smirking. 'Damn straight Win, damn straight'.

I grabbed Danny's hand and lead him into his room. Skimming over the room I was appalled. It was beyond filthy, clothes were everywhere, pictures smashed, empty beer cans and bottles thrown about food spoiling in boxes. It smelled horrendously bad. I went over to the windows opening them to let some fresh air in. I cleaned off a spot on his bed and patted the spot next to me for him to sit next to me. He kept his gaze on the floor off of me.

"Danny look at me" I said softly. Slowly he turned his head to look me in the eyes. His eyes sparkled a little and I could feel his wolf stirring inside of him. Pulling his hands into my lap didn't feel awkward like I expected it to. That was normal behavior for us always touching each other its a wonder I didn't figure out we were mates sooner.

"I'm still hurt and hurting Danny you were the only person aside from my family, in this world I knew would never in a million years hurt me. You were my Danny boy and I was your Winnie the pooh". He chuckled hearing our special names for each other we had made up when we were younger.

     "I can't explain to you how sorry I am for how I've treated you. You were made especially for me and I didn't cherish you like I was raised to. Nothing I say or do can change what I've done or how you feel. As much as it pains me to say this to you reject me so you can find a mate that will cherish you and treat you the way I should have 5 years ago.

"I've heard you and Justin are getting along well maybe he can be a good mate for you I'll understand. I don't know him but there is something there in him that you see so he may be the one for you. You deserved to be loved in ways I couldn't, no not couldn't  I wouldn't love you".

"I know our wolves are dying meaning we are dying I don't want that for you. Don't die because of my foolishness, please I just need for you to be happy. I need for you to get married, have pups and grow old and live the happiest life. I'm begging you Winter move on".

By the time he was finished with speech his voice was barely a whisper and tears were flowing down his face.

I am completely thrown by what he's just said. I don't know what I was expecting when I dragged him into his room, but this speech  wasn't it. Never would I thought my mate would tell me to reject him and be with someone else.