O d d s & E n d s

Playlist ; http://8tracks.com/loveena_/not-really-here

(Available in the external link.)

Follow me on Twitter! @xAfirex

important

I've entered Amnesia to the wattys!

Also, if you guys could go back and vote for every chapter I'd appreciate it! You're support is brilliant. I may write one shots for this story later but only if you guys help support my story. Anyhow enjoy the first oneshot.

Xoxo,
Love.

------

When Gabe left Jen for a year to travel and race. He decided he needed to talk to someone who knew him. Knew Gabe. Before, as mad as it is.

A blonde haired seventeen year old boy was waiting outside a bar. He had long ago given up hope to enter that said bar. He knew it would be a long wait. Part of him needed to talk to someone. His first thought had been Julian. But he knew it was silly. So he had thought of Cole's best friend, Drake.

Somewhere along his jog, he knew that Drake wouldn't suffice. Not that the dark haired boy didn't believe him or wasn't capable. He was capable. A little young, not exactly on the same wavelength, but he could handle it. Gabe knew he couldn't bare it. It felt odd. Being unable to drink, ride his bike or even act his age.

Some odd twist of fate had put Gabe's twenty year old self in the body of a young seventeen year old blonde haired boy by the name of Cole Summers. Perhaps, Cole's passing was a mistake. It was highly plausible and somehow Gabe was sent down to be Cole. He had theories of it. The bottomline of the change was someone up there, a God possibly, didn't want Cole to die but he did.

A short dark haired boy exited the bar with a guitar on his shoulders. He wore thin wired glasses. Gabe in Cole's body stood up. "Julian," Gabe called.

Julian turned to look at the short haired blonde. "Gabe or Cole?" He inquired a slight smile on his features. He wasn't like Gabe's former girlfriend. The last time they met, inside the bar. Julian seemed most likely to believe it. While Angel didn't believe in anything that couldn't be explained in science, Julian loved things that couldn't be explained.

Gabe had never been so glad for it.

"Gabe," Gabe said smiling. He pushed himself off the wall. Cole was tall, six feet tall. Much taller than Julian who stood at five seven. Gabe used to be like that, not on the tall side of things. It felt nice to be on the tall side, a whole new different perspective.

"I wondered when I'd see you again," Julian smiled coming to hug the larger guy.

"Always hopeful," Gabe said grinning. He asked before he could help it, "How's Angel?" He missed her. Alot. He thought of her quiet often to. Jealously, wondering if she has moved on from him. Wondering if the next guy made her happier. But he couldn't deny kissing Angel was wholly different from kissing Jen.

Jen wasn't the kind of girl Gabe would have dated in his previous life. She'd probably wouldn't have even spoken to him. She was slender, with natural blonde hair who wore preppy clothes much like her significant other, Cole. Gabe had worn dark clothing, had a bike and three tattoos. Somehow, kissing Jen, holding her in his arms, everything felt right. Like she was made for him, or Cole.

Gabe often wondered why kissing Angel felt wrong, like she didn't fit perfectly against his body, was it because of their height? Or because Cole's body was built for Jen? He didn't know. Perhaps he needed space. He loved Jen. She was a brilliant person, inside and out. He loved the feel of her, the way her eyes looked at him.

But he couldn't set aside the unease they both felt, he was in Cole's body after all. Was she even aware it was Gabe and not Cole?

"Honestly? She's moved on. She's dating Wilson," Julian admitted.

Wilson was a nice guy, he just didn't like the fact he was dating his girlfriend.

As the thought entered Gabe, he chided himself for it. He promised himself he would be Cole. It wasn't going to be easy. But if he told anyone the truth, they'd think he was mad.

"That's nice." Gabe lied, scowling.

Julian laughed, "I'd tell her you aren't fond of it, if it'll make you happy."

It would. But he knew if he could move on in his life, Angel needed to do the same, "She needs to move on."

"Have you moved on?" Julian asked curious.

"I think so." Julian began walking. Gabe followed.

"Do you want to get a beer and talk?"

Gabe smiled. "I've been dying for a drink."

The boys spoke. They shared their lives, laughed over a cup of beer. Gabe sinfully drank it, pleased to be able to touch alcohol even if he knew he shouldn't. Not just for the body's younger age, but because of Cole's best ability, his running.

He would miss Jennifer. Alot. As the year went on, he was positive he loved her. When he came back to see her. An exact year since he left. He hoped she'd feel the same way. He wanted her to love him for him as hard as it was. But as the boys drank and talked. Gabe knew somehow, it'll be alright. He'd be happy being Cole, offered a second chance at life, even if it wasn't his life.

He also knew, that he didn't have to leave his old life behind. He could keep those fragile shards of it, as small as they were like Julian's company, or later, his bike and, he knew that thankfully, even if Jen didn't feel the same way for Gabe, he could at least know that his whole life as Cole wasn't pretend. He did love Jen. They may still be a couple when he came back, they may not. But he was really glad he wasn't pretending to be Jen's boyfriend any more.

He could really be her boyfriend.