Epilogue

It's been a year, and I was still hurting. It was absolute torture seeing Gabe on telly. I tried to move on, I made new friends but it didn't feel right. It wasn't easy but I managed. I stayed at home often, watching races, watching Gabe run. He was good. He got better with every race he won.

I wouldn't be surprised if they thought he was Cole.

I felt like he was better. Stronger.

Today, I had exited the final examination hall on the final day. Similar to a year ago everyone's noisy gleeful. With our examinations done, all that was left was to graduate and head off our separate ways to college. The crowd began to crowd around a person, one who stood quite tall. Short blonde hair and tanned skin.

My heart caught. I could recognise him everywhere.

Gabe.

Then the pain that had dulled over the year hit me in full force. I couldn't breathe. I knew he wouldn't see me. Not with the large crowd surrounding him so I tried to leave. To walk home. It felt like a dream, and I'm waking up.

A girl caught my arm, gripping tightly. She screamed "She's here!"

Her yell brought forth more excited yells, about me, people pointed at me, and the crowd moved, shuffled and I saw him.

He's still the same height. His hair is shorter. Skin darker. Eyes as beautiful as ever.

Gabe.

He doesn't look like Cole any more. My Cole with long blonde hair, my Cole with an effortless grace and bright clothing.

His clothes were darker, black jacket, with a white shirt underneath and skinny jeans, I wondered if he got a tattoo.

He looked different but he stood taller than Cole ever stood bursting with confidence, his walk was more like a lion, every bit as graceful as Cole. His eyes green and prominent on his tanned face reminded me of the pain I'd felt so badly this past year. I feel a lump in my throat, tears threatening to pour out. How many times had I watched him on the telly? It didn't compare to this. Nothing could have made me ready to see the boy from my nightmares in the flesh.

The boy who also starred in my sweetest dreams.

Did Gabe think he could show up and stop the pain I felt? Like the past year meant nothing now he's here? He's wrong. So much has changed. I was not the same hesitant girl. He stopped a foot away from me. I had stopped emailing him three months ago. I had given up then. It was no surprise he wasn't sure what happened between us.

To be fair, I wasn't not sure either.

You couldn't disappear off the face of the earth, stop talking to me, ignore my emails and left me without a single word.

I walked towards Gabe, wanting to scream at him, punch him, but when I was an arms length away, I forgot. He smells the same. God, I wanted to cry. It was like a miracle seeing him here again, in the flesh. All the nights I spent alone, upset, crying even. To have him here was too much. I can't think.

Like the previous year, the crowd chanted, "Kiss! Kiss! Kiss!"

He looked at me unsure, again with the same question in his eyes. I felt nostalgic.

Three months ago or a year ago, I was sure he knew I wanted it. Now he wasn't not sure.

I want to smile, because, he was a bloody idiot and I loved him with every piece of me.

I shook my head, I hug him instead. A beat passed my heart racing wildly, tears slipped from my face and he held me back. The crowd groans, some dispersing. I want to remember my anger at him but all I could think of was he was back.

The past year seemed irrelevant, I didn't care any more. What mattered was here and now. I want, needed him badly in my life again.

There's a time for everything. A time for sorrow, for pain, for grief. A time for joy, bliss and ecstasy. A time for understanding, caring and forgiving. A time for anger, regret and hurt.

Seeing him here with me again, was bliss. When we stopped hugging I saw understanding in his eyes and he confirmed it, "I needed you to know me as me." He whispered.

I understood too and I held on to him. As much as I knew Gabe would try, I can't seperate Cole and Gabe, not when they had the same body. I love him to death. I would always love Cole to. But Gabe is my here and now. We left quickly after that, holding hands. It was strange how a touch can send so much comfort into every fibre of your being.

He had a bike. A large black bike.

My eyes widened. "No way," My voice was full of disbelief.

He grinned and got on, he handed me a white helmet and I follow. "Don't think I've forgiven you," I warned him as I got on. It was a lie and he knew it. I'd forgive him a thousand times over because no matter what happened, I knew I'd love him.

He laughed and took off, I cling onto him, feeling hard muscle under his shirt. "We've a lot to catch up on." He shouted as the wind hit my face, my shirt. I held on tighter enjoying the feel of his muscles, firm and hard from all the training.

I was laughing.

I've never been happier than at this second.

I wanted to remember this moment, with him for as long as I can. This is real. In a strange way, it felt like my past year was a dream. I'm awake again with my best friend, my boyfriend with me. I feel whole and complete again.

Sometimes you need to lose the pieces to realise how much they meant to you. So when you have them back, you'll treasure every moment with them like the way they deserve. Not only that, you need space to, to remember why you gave your heart, why you're doing what you do, for them.

The End.

AN (Spin off)

Thanks to all those who stuck around and finished this story with me. Thank's for your words of support and kind comments. Please vote for this story, every last chapter and you can comment, because I'll be entering this story in the wattys. And your support would mean alot to me

Atm I'm planning one of my toughest writing projects.

A story on Cole's cousin Cassian.

You will definitely see more of Cole/Gabe and Jen there. It's still in the works atm, so do follow me because you'll see it when it's out. Also do check out Prom Queen.

AN

Also can I kindly urge you to vote, comment and share this story among your fans and followers? I'd totally appreciate it. More so since this will be in the Wattys 2015. Let's give this story a fighting chance!

P.S. I'll be writing another chapter for this book about Cole/Gabe and Jen. Stay tuned.