Chapter 10

Training somewhat tired me out. Of course, we always trained in District 1, it was our job to learn weaponry. That way, we would have more winners for the Hunger Games. But for some reason, this workout was really tiring.

I flopped onto my bed, thinking out Clove. And Marvel. And Cato. And Peeta. I pushed the thought of the Girl on Fire out of my head. Clove seemed like a good ally... but I could end up with a knife in the back. I'd have to show her who's boss in this town.

Marvel seems pretty good. I doubt he'd do anything, unless we were the only two left...

Cato. I just can't stop thinking about him. He's just so...

Another thought corrupted the other. What was I doing? I can't like someone in the Hunger Games! That leads to utter weakness!

And I am NOT weak!

I scream in rage, and a pillow smashes into the window. Luckily it doesn't break, or I'd have even more crap to worry about.

I can not be falling for Cato. How stupid I am? He's some dumb tribute boy. Just like Marvel. Like ANY guy.

Besides, it would never work. There's only one victor. That means no relationships. There are plenty of attractive guys back in District 1. After all, it is the most beautiful district in Panem.

I take some deep breathes and try to calm myself down. Yes, I do have a little anger problem. And sass. Lots of that. But I know that will be helpful in the games, and to earn sponsors. They love that kind of thing. Or at least Glitter tells me so.

My Avox girl causously stands in the corner of my room, eyes wide and alert. I turn, probably looking like some sort of demon. Ha. A dangerous weapon in a beautiful package. I want her to fear me.

I have no time for "loving" people and "becoming friends". I have no time for forming alliances. I have no time for trying to save people, or gushing over my hair, or any of that sh*t. I just have time to gain sponsors and kill.

I push any thought of Cato out of my mind. I push any thought of Clove out of my mind. I push any thought of Marvel or Micka or Poinsettia out of my mind.

I push any thought of Glitter out of my mind.

Right now, it's all about me, me, me. And that's all it'll ever be. Because I am a winner. And I have no time for losers.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Hey!!!! Sorry if this is too short. And I know, I haven't updated in like, forever. Forgive me!!! I promise I'll write more!!!

Also, I owe a shoutout to:

@Ramenkid

Enjoy! <3