Chapter 10

Niti:

"Come let's dance Niti!"Charlie called from the dance floor.

Krissann grabbed my hand but I refused. "I haven't had anything since morning and I don't think I should be dancing on an empty stomach. I'll just grab a snack."

I ordered a plate of fries, my favorite. I turned and found Parth sitting on the bar bench next to me. "You should have a proper meal."

"Jack get her Chicken Pasmesan."

"Jack get me what I asked, fries." She looked my way and continued. "Hmm. I didn't know you were on first name basis with the bartender here. Oh and I can place my own order."

"Wasn't Zain supposed to be in Delhi?"

His question was so irrelevant. "Haan tou he came back na."

"Where's the rest of your dress?"

Those words were like a bullet to my heart, I was abashed. He was so out of place. How dare he ask me this? He's nothing to me and he wants nothing to do with me then why did it feel as if he was marking his territory. "Excuse me?"

I was here to enjoy and I that's what I was going to do. I decided to pay his comments no mind.

Parth:

"May I have this dance?" Zain asked as he extended his hand towards Niti.

I wanted to break that hand but I guess that would be too violent. At this point all I could do was hope for Niti to say no to this douchebag. He was a nice guy and all but any guy who tried to make a move on Niti was going to be a douchebag. I could feel my expression change to a scowl. Yes, you all guessed it right. She had said yes to the dance. I sulked while Niti danced with Zain. After a few songs the entire team was up on the dance floor dancing. I watched Niti as she swirled from Zains' arms into Utkarshs.

As she went from one guys arms to another's I noticed her zip unzip. Shit. I had to do something. She was swirling but before she could go into someone else's arms I caught her. The song had ended and everything went silent. I reached for her zip and slowly pulled it up. Her expressions changed from confusion to shock and realization. The song "Judai" from the movie Badlapur had started playing. She looked down in dismay. She was clearly awkward and ashamed, I didn't like it. I placed my hand on the small of her back and pulled her closer causing her to look up. This moment was ours, I started moving my feet with the beat and she followed.

I am sure we raised quite a few eyebrows and she was too embarrassed to even look up. But I felt this sudden urge to let her know she was safe in my arms. That I would never let anything happen to here. That I was there for her so I tightened my grip. The silence between us was like a cool summer breeze.

Niti:

My world had come to a stop. In his arms I was, swaying from one side to another. It was just me and him, no one else around us. At least that's what it felt like. My head was against his chest, it was the safest place to be in. At one point I was dancing and the next I was in his arms. I didn't even want to think about the consequences if he was not there. He protected me and did what he had to do without alerting anyone else. How do I thank him? Later, because right now the silence was very calming.

The song ended and he finally let me go. I already missed his touch and the protection of his arms. Damn it. What he did next came as a complete shock. He held my hand and lead me through a door which said exit. We were outside and cool wind of the night felt amazing against my skin. The feeling didn't last long cause he was scowling at me.

"What?" I asked.

"We're going home." He said in a monotone.