Chapter 2

Parth:

She's sitting right next to me and we are both giving each other this awkward smile. I am reminded of the meeting we had with the PR team earlier in the day. The meeting where they briefed us on how to be cordial. Hmm. We know how to be cordial. Pfft. These people can think whatever they want to. Their judgements are based on the incident that happened very early on when we joined the show. I'd rather not get into it and spoil my mood. Besides I've moved on and it seems like she has too.

"Hide the wire of the mic Niti. On your left side." One of the AD announced.

I saw her toss and turn and then finally give up in frustration. She looked at me with this defeated look in her eyes. I felt a pinch in my heart. Since I had a better angle of the wire I decided to help her. I reached for the wire, she moved away in reaction to my action. For a moment everything came to a halt. I grabbed the wire and tucked it under her shirt. My hand had a mind of its own and it stopped when it touched her small back. This burning fire rose in my throat and it felt like my hand had settled there. Crap. Stupid hand. I retracted my hand, a little too hastily, because now everyone was looking at us. She looked uncomfortable and I hated the fact that I was the reason why she was feeling this way.

Niti:

He touched me. I get it, he was helping me with the wire but I swear his hand rested there for a whole minute. He didn't have to help it's not like we helped each other earlier, why start now? What has changed?

"We're off to an awfully incredible start." I mumbled to myself or at least I thought I did because Parth was giving me a look. Great.
This feeling of unknowingness is very unsettling, it makes me uneasy.

"Let's start. All you have to do is read off these questions that your fans have sent in and answer them. Pretty simple."

Q) All us fans have been really concerned about your health. Hope you are well now and you have fully recovered.
Parth) The extensive work took a toll on my body but now I am doing well and ready to get back to work. Thank you for all your well wishes.

He seems excited to be back, that's good. There were a few more questions regarding the storyline of the show and how we were going to proceed. It was all smooth until that one question.