Chapter 5

Niti:

What was the meaning of all of this? He can't just improvise in the middle of the scene. That is so not professional. I know it'll be stupid of me to think that it was not Manik but Parth during that scene but that's only because of his "improvisation". He should've talked to me or at least informed me. It was not MaNan but PaNi during that scene. I say that because I wasn't acting, that was my genuine reaction to his kisses. And those kisses, fine I'll admit they felt good, but how dare he?

I stomped towards my vanity, I opened the door and saw him sitting on the steps. Yes, Parth. What does he want? Hasn't he tortured me enough?

He moved a step closer and extended his hand. I thought he was reaching for me but in reality he was reaching for the door knob. I heard the door click and silence prevailed between us. We were so close yet so far away. I felt as if someone had punched me in the gut.

"I see how my actions might've upset you, I should have checked in with you first. I apologize." He murmured.

"What should I do with this apology Parth? Han? What's done is done." I tried sounding nonchalant about the whole issue.

"God dammit, why do you have to be so difficult all the time?" He sighed in frustration

"Now this is my fault as well?"

"Bol raha hoon na sorry. I got carried away."

"YOU got carried away? I thought that was suppose to Manik." I snapped.

We were still standing on the steps, I realized how confined the space was and he made it worse. He was unbuttoning his shirt. Now what was all of this about? He stopped mid way, moved a step closer to me and now my back was against the door.

He slid the shirt off from one shoulder and said, "Why don't you go ahead and explain this Niti."

I trailed his pointed finger. He was pointing towards the marks on the back of his neck. Holy crap!

Parth:

"How did this happen?" Niti asked in the most innocent tone.

She had no idea this was her doing. "Let's just say I wasn't the only one who got carried away."

I saw her expressions change from shock to embarrassment. She had turned into a tomato and I could see she wasn't comfortable. She quickly gathered her wits when she saw me staring. Her guard was up again.

"May I?" She asked.

I didn't understand her question and she didn't wait for me to clear my confusion. She reached for my neck and slowly caressed the scratches. Her touch drove me insane.

"So who was it during that scene, Nandini or Niti?" I asked in the hope she'd answer.

That question hung in the air for a very long time. The silence wasn't uneasy or awkward. It was beautiful.