Chapter 1

Niti:

There he is, literally 10 steps away from me. Why is it so hard for me to say something. I should say something. Poor guy was in the hospital for a week, the least I can do is ask if he's feeling any better. Wait. Of course he is feeling better, isn't that the reason he is back to work? Why am I over analyzing this whole situation.

It started from the second day he was gone. It was different. The set wasn't its usual self. I can't seem to pin down what exactly this whole thing is about. I kept telling myself it's just that he was not on the sets but deep down I knew that was not it. I missed him? What? No.

Parth:

There she is, 10 steps away from me. She's doing that thing again where she makes these weird faces because she's too deeply engrossed in her thoughts. I wonder if she realizes she does this thing. Why am I noticing her THING? What is wrong with me? I wonder what's going on in that mind of hers though.

I guess that's the reason we don't get along cause I've never been able to read her. It's always been such a struggle to know what she's thinking. Girls I tell you.

"Parth, Niti, Riya ma'am (head of PR department) is calling you two to her office."

Niti:

*While walking towards the office*

Should I say something right now? I should. I finally gathered up all the courage within me and said, "Are you feeling any better?"

Did my voice just crack and fade? Maybe he heard me.

"Did you say something?"

"How are you feeling?" This time making sure my voice didn't crack.

Parth opened the door to the office and answered, "Much better now, thanks for asking."

"Professional" that was us. Here I thought maybe we could be something more, I guess not. But this was "us", I should not expect more. I should stay away, that's the only logical solution to all of this bs that has been cooking in my head.

Riya said while pointing towards the chairs, "Please be seated both of you. I wanted to discuss this lag that has been created due to your poor health, Parth. We were thinking of doing a combined interview of the two of you. We need to give fans something. We'll set up a date let you both know. The sooner we do it the better."

We both walked out of the office, Parth turned towards me and said, "I guess this time around we don't have a choice, we're stuck together."

That smile, actually, his smile. What? Where did his smile come up from? Waisai that should be the least of my concerns. It took me a good 30 minutes to ask him about his health and now I have to do an interview with him. By the sound of it Riya ma'am really wants blood this time, it's going to be a long interview. Yay for the fans, I guess.