Chapter 12

Wait for it wait for it wait for it... Sorry no plot twist. I think. Also I have a cover but I drew one so that's going to be my cover! Bie!

I turn around to see Marlee with an angry look on her face.
"Nah I'm just messing with you."
She smiles and pats my head.
"I feel like no one is ready for the wedding."
"America is!"
She says gleefully. Marlee is so optimistic and fun to talk to.
"Well she's the bride."
"Oh yeah. Oops, forgot."
I laugh.
"Weddings! Ahh! I'll talk to you later okay?"
She nudges me and dashes out the Women's Room. Through the chaos the maids and butlers are creating, I see Emmica, Tuesday, Ashley, Fiona, Olivia , Tallulah, and Natalie. I walk over to them and they smile at me, but they don't acknowledge me any more than that.
"Hi."
"Hi!"
"Hey."
"Sup."
"Hello."
"Yo."
"Hi."
"Hola."
I get a variety of answers.
"What are you talking about?"
"Oh the Selection."
I slightly cringe, not liking that word anymore. The Selection used to be a happy word for me, but I'm glad that I met Maxon.
"Why?"
"Because we were all in it. What we could've done better."
"I got eliminated at the very beginning!"
Ashley sighs.
"Why did America get chosen? She was a Five."
Fiona says. I always had a bad vibe coming off her. But then again, that's what I said to Maxon. I learned my lesson though.
"There are so many things wrong with that sentence. One, she was the one who got Maxon's heart, that's how she got chosen. She's was a Five, but then a Three, and now a One. She's going to be your future queen, so respect her, and Maxon's eliminating the castes so it doesn't matter now."
I snap. Everyone looks at me wide-eyed.
"Shouldn't you like, not like America? She got chosen over you."
Fiona has the courage to speak.
"That's true but we were friends. Now excuse me."
I leave the group and head towards the door when a hear a voice behind me.
"Kriss! Wait!"
Natalie comes up to me breathing heavily.
"Dresses."
She mutters. She's wearing a pretty big dress that needs to be lifted.
"How are you not upset? Before you start ranting at me, I really just want to know. You're very strong."
I guess she ended her question on a good note so that I don't explode. It worked.
"Well. I'm just a very realistic person who just likes to be real. I can't change the fact that I didn't get chosen. So I'm just moving on."
Honestly I'm just giving myself advice. I'm a realistic person, but I'm a shut out now so I really haven't moved on.
"Oh. That was simple."
"I'm sorry about your sister by the way. I didn't get to say that because you kind of left all of the sudden."
"Yeah well. I just know she's always looking over me, and that's what's keeping me going. Cheesy, I know."
"You should get changed! The wedding is in two hours!"
I hangs the subject.
"WAIT WHOA WHAT?!"
Natalie's eyes widen as she rushes out. I chuckle and then leave too. I bump into something big.
"Oof. Watch- oh. Hi Kriss."
"Hey."
I make a light motion with my fingers.
"You look great..."
"Gosh, you're the bride. What are you complimenting me for?"
There's an awkward silence between us.
"I have to go, gonna be late! Photo shoots."
America waves and leaves as silently and quickly as she has come. I was trying to clear up the madness between us but I guess it didn't work. I continue down the hall, trying to come up with a place to go.
"Outside!"
I say to myself, hoping that no one noticed. I walk towards the back palace doors, wanting outside air more than ever now. I open the doors and twirl around weirdly because of my dress.
Don't get my dress dirty.
Wait.
Don't get the dress dirty.
I start to daydream and sit on a rock. That's right there's a rock. I take off my heels because they are torturing my feet. It's good to clear my mind once in a while. It feels refreshing. I go back inside and go up to my room, not crashing into anyone. I did so barefoot, so I wouldn't want anyone crashing into me anyway. My room is bare compared to the palace itself. No garlands, no draped cloths, no decorations what so ever. It's like a different world. I open up my book and start to read.