Mate

Isaac's POV

I was on my computer checking on the pack's finances when I heard knocking at my office door. I sniffed the air and caught my Beta Peter's scent. "Come in Peter." My door bursts open and Peter runs to a brown leather chair situated in front of my desk.

"Hey Issac, whatcha doin'?"

"Pete, I don't have time for your nonsense. As you can see, I'm busy with work."

"I know, but I'm bored. This pack never does anything fun."

"Pete, don't you have border patrol?"

"I finished my shift. Isaac, can't we go do something fun?" He always talks in a whiney voice when he is trying to be annoying.

"Pete, you know this pack didn't become the biggest and strongest from goofiness. We can't have people slacking or causing more trouble than we already have."
"But Isa-"
"Drop it Pete. We need to talk about serious matters. The rogues are becoming a bigger problem." Gone was my Beta's craziness and he was now in serious mode. That's what makes my Beta one-of-a-kind. He is a clown most of the time but when it comes to the pack, you would think he has never smiled before. Peter can be cruel sometimes, but I consider myself worse.

My pack, the Blood Rose pack, is the strongest pack in North America. I'm the Alpha, Isaac Collins. Everybody considers me cruel, evil, vile... the list goes on, but my pack isn't in the shape it is now because of kindness and coddling. We're tough, and nobody dares to mess with us because they know the consequences. My pack is treated like royalty, which I personally despise.

One of our major status booster is the fact that we have major connevtions to the Council of Elders.

The greatest supernatural beings on the planet is the Council of Elders. It consists of every supernatural thing in the world. The council creates the laws of the land. The only reason I have connections to them is because my father was on it. After the incident, my uncle took over his position.

Onto my current situation. Pete was looking livid already knowing the rogues were up to devious schemes. "The rogues have been taking women and children from different packs. Days later, the bodies are found on the doorstep of the pack houses mutilated and unrecognizable."
"How are they getting past border patrols? Are they getting through at night?" "Different packs have all their warriors on border patrol and they still get by in broad daylight. No scents can be found and no tracks can be seen." Pete looked like he could kill.

My beta is loyal and will fight for anyone pure and good. Pete lost his parents to rogues and has vowed to keep his sister safe at all costs. Pete would kill every last rogue if possible.

"I was sent a video from the Dawn Shadow pack. Watch very closely." I turned the tv on that's on the left wall. The video started and you could see the forest. Suddenly, 3 women appeared walking aimlessly around the woods while talking. Suddenly, each woman was knocked out and were being dragged out of site. The screen turned to black and I clicked the TV off.

"Those little mutts are using something to disguise themselves on camera! When I get my hands on those sick, twisted, basta-"

"I know Pete, I feel the same. We need to take precautions. Up training to 3 times a week and work them harder. Increase border patrol and have guards outside the house. We cannot let innocent pack members be killed."

"Alpha, if an oncoming war is going to happen, we need to have other warriors prepared to come. Specifically other packs."

"I've already got that planned out. I'm going to a meeting tomorrow with the Alpha from the Night Mist pack and I'm staying for a couple days. We have many allies but they are the strongest and closest pack. We also have a treaty with that pack."