/Chapter 13\

"Hey, what was up wish Ashton?" I asked Luke.

After school, the whole group decided to meet up at an ice cream parlor since it was pretty hot that day. Everyone was there, except Ashton. Whatever Ashton and Luke had talked about, must have been serious because no one had seen him for the rest of the day. I had just finished ordering my plain and simple vanilla ice cream, when I sat down, and joined the rest of the group at the table.

"Yea... What happened with him mate?" Calum said in a pressuring tone.

"Oh...um, he uhh...he went home early because he was feeling kind of sick." He stuttered and quickly put a spoonful of ice cream in his mouth.

"Oh really?" Skylar spoke up. "Is that why he was so mad when he left the cafeteria, Luke? Huh?"

Luke gave her a death glare.

"Why was he so mad when he left the cafeteria though?" I asked. I was so confused. Everyone seemed to know something I didn't.

"Just tell her already Luke. Stop being such an asshole." Michael spoke.

"Tell me what?"

"Alright Dani, look. Ashton is mad at me because he thinks that we're dating, and since he thinks that, he believes that I'm treating you like a piece of shit based on my experience with... You know.... Other girls." Luke finally said.

Everyone just sat in silence.

"Oh..." I didn't know how to respond.
"Well did you tell him that we're friends and nobody is treating anyone like a piece of shit?"

"Yea... I did." Luke said. He looked annoyed.

"And?" I asked.

"I don't know, okay. Why don't you just ask him yourself."

"Whoa. Calm down bro." Skylar said as she narrowed her eyebrows at Luke.

"You know what, I just remembered that my dad wanted me home right after school. I'm leaving." Luke started to get up from his chair, but Michael stopped him.

"Luke, I know you're lying. You never go home after school because you could care less about what your dad says. Why are you acting like such a dick today, huh?" Michael said as he also stood up from his chair.

"I-I'm not. I just- I just have to go home, okay." Luke barely choked out the words and left the shop.

Everybody just sat there quietly and finished their ice cream.
Calum cleared his throat after a couple of minutes.

"Well, I think I'm gonna head home now. Um, see you guys tomorrow at school." He stated and left.

"Yeah. I think it's time for us all to go home now." Skylar spoke. "C'mon Mikey, I'll take you home. Bye Dani!"

"Bye guys, see you tomorrow." I said and got up from my seat and also left the shop.

As I walked out, I noticed a bench right outside of the shop, and decided to sit on it. I pulled my phone out to check if I had any messages, and apparently, I had four. All from David.

3:15 pm
From David:
Why aren't you home from school yet?! We've already talked about this!

3:19
From David:
WHERE ARE YOU?!

3:22
From: David
I've already told you that you need to be home right after school! YOU BETTER BE HERE IN TEN MINUTES!

3:30
From: David
You better have a good excuse Daniela.

"Ugh." I exhaled as I read the last text.

I was about to text him back, when I heard footsteps approaching me. I looked up, and found Ashton looking down at me, with black sunglasses.

"Hey Ash," I started. "Where were you all day?"

He walked over, and took a seat on the bench right next to me.

"I left school." Is all he said.

I could tell that he didn't really want to talk about it, so I left the subject alone. I studied his face for a little bit, and noticed a swelling on his right cheek.

"Whoa.... Ashton, what happened to your cheek?"

He just sat silent for a while, until he finally looked at me and took off his sunglasses, exposing his beat up face. I gasped.

"Omigod. Who did this to you?!" I exclaimed.

"That's not important Dani."

"What the hell do you mean Ashton? Someone did this to you and it's not okay!" I shifted in my seat. "Tell me who it was right now!"

"It was Luke, okay!"

"W-what?" I couldn't believe it. "Why would he ever do this to you?"

"When we went into the halls to talk during lunch, we got into a heated argument and it ended up bad."

"And?" I was expecting him to tell me more.

"And what."

"What were you two fighting about? It must've been serious since you guys never fight each other!"

"I can't tell you," he said and looked down at his hands.

"You better tell me right now Ashton."

"Alright fine!" He took a breath and finally started talking.

"The first day of school, I noticed that you were new to the school and thought you were cute," he kept looking down and made no eye contact with me.
"I told Luke about you, and he automatically started talking about how he was going to.... Do stuff with you. I've always hated how he used girls for one night. I knew I couldn't let him get to you, but I guess you two became closer then I had expected and I couldn't do anything about it." This time, he looked up at me.

"When we kissed at the party that one night, I knew that I didn't think you were just 'cute'. I actually liked you. So I was mad at lunch today, because I had seen your hickey, and I knew it was too late for me. I hated Luke even more because he knew that I had liked you, but he didn't give a shit. That's why we started fighting." He finished and just looked down at his hands again.
I felt horrible.

"I didn't know you felt that way. I-I'm so sorry Ashton. "

"Yea well...." He just shrugged, but I could see his sad expression on his face.

"Look Ash, Luke and I, we're not together or anything. I honestly don't know what we are if that makes you feel any better. I've also decided that I'm not going to do anything intimate with him anymore."

"Look Dani, I don't want you to do anything that you don't want to do-"

"No. It's okay. I've decided this on my own. Don't worry." I said as I gave him a light smile. "Come here."

I went in for a hug, and so did he. I felt his long arms around my body and felt a sign of relief. This felt so right and normal, but I pulled away after a couple of seconds.

"Umm, I think I'm going to get going now. My stepdad wants me home and is very strict about me staying out." I said and got up from the bench.

"Oh ok. Yea, I think I'm gonna get going too."

"Alright well... See you tomorrow."

"Ok Dani, see you." He gave me a smile and started walking away.

With that, I got into my car, and took the long way home.

************************

A/N: IM SO SORRY I TOOK FOREVER TO WRITE THIS CHAPTER OMIGOSH. I KNOW, I KNOW. IM THE WORST AUTHOR EVER.