/Chapter 11\

I woke up to the bright sun shining through my window and hitting me right in the face. I lazily squinted my eyes and realized that I was in my bed; that's when all of yesterday's event replayed in my head. After Luke's dad got home, he saw us cuddled up on the couch so he invited me to stay over for dinner. Of course I said yes since I wasn't in a rush to come home. I'm pretty sure Luke's dad likes me hanging around Luke since he thinks I'm a good influence on him. Mr. Hemmings's idea of Luke is a teenager that does nothing but party and doesn't give a shit about anything or anyone else, so according to him, Luke needs to change that and he thinks I'm capable of doing just that.

Dinner went well, but it was getting late and it was time for me to go home. Luke knew what was going on in my house and wasn't happy about the idea of me going home, but I assured him that I was safe. When I got home, it was about 8:30 so David and my mom were watching t.v. when I walked in. Of course David got all pissed and was asking a whole lot of questions but I didn't answer any of them and just walked up to my room and slammed the door. After that I just laid in my bed and dozed off to sleep.

I finally got the energy to get out of my bed and walk downstairs. Today was Sunday, which meant I had to go to school tomorrow. Ughh. As I made my way into the kitchen, I noticed my mom cleaning the counter, but as she reached across the counter, there was a bruise on the upper part of her arm. Maybe she just accidentally ran into something? I shook the thought out of my head. I start to make my bowl of cereal when I hear David's voice.

"Where did you go yesterday Daniela? Huh?" He asked in a mad tone.

"If I told you, it wouldn't make a difference." I continued making my bowl of cereal.

"Answer me dammit!" He slammed his hand against the counter which caused my mom and I to jump a little. I got scared.

"I was at a friends house." I said as I looked down at my bowl of cereal.

"A friend? Which friend?"

My phone started to ring against the counter which made David turn to look at it. Low and behold, Luke's name was on the caller I.D.

"Who's Luke?" He said as he turned to me with a mad face.

"H-he's one of my friends."

My phone kept ringing,

"Answer your fucking phone and put it on speaker. Now!!"

I quickly grabbed my phone and the phone while putting it on speaker, afraid of what would happen if I didn't.

"H-hello?" I asked with a nervous tone.

"Hey Dani, it's me Luke. Um, you never texted me last night to make sure you got home safe."

"Umm, yeah, I got home safe, I-I'm fine." I stated while nervously looking at David's angry face.

"Are you alright? You sound a bit jittery babe."

"Y-yea. Look Luke, I have to go but I'll call you later. Bye." I quickly hung up the phone without giving Luke a chance to respond.

"Babe?! That's not your fucking friend Daniela. I knew you were sleeping around with pieces of shit guys."

"You don't even know who he is, so stop making assumptions based off of one word he used." His comment on Luke really ticked me off. "And I don't sleep with random guys."

"Do you see what you've raised Alice?" He looked at my mom harshly. She said nothing and just continued to clean. She almost looked scared.

"Look David, I don't understand or know why you are so harsh on my mom and I, but she is not the reason I act this way. You are." I pushed my soggy bowl of cereal away from me and walked back upstairs to my room to go change.

I had my phone in hand and quickly texted Luke.

11:37 am
To:Luke
Hey Luke. Is it alright if I come over?

I sent the message and quickly put my phone down so that I could change while Luke responds. I got a text back from him five minutes later and I had already been done changing.

11:42 am
From:Luke
I thought it would be better if I came to you:) look out of your window.

No wonder it took him a while to respond. I walked to my window and looked out of it, only to find Luke at the bottom.

"How are you going to come up?!" I whisper/shouted out the window.

"I'll just try and climb up these vines, nothing I haven't done before."

"Be careful." I said as I bit my lip nervously.

There were ruffled sounds coming from the side but it wasn't too loud. In no time, Luke's head had pooped through my window.

"Hey there." He said as he climbed through the window and sat on the end of my bed.
"Nice room."

"Thanks.."

"Is everything okay Dani? You sounded really nervous when you were talking on the phone." He asked while sounding worried.

"Well, um, right before you called, David and I were having an argument about where I was the whole day. I told him I was at a friends house, and that's when you called me. I guess he saw the caller I.D. and demanded me to pick up the phone..."

"Oh fuck Dani, I'm so sorry, I knew I should have called later. God, I'm such an idiot."

"It's alright Luke, don't worry about it." I said as I looked down at my hands and sat next to Luke. "So since he heard you call me 'babe', he flipped out and practically called me slut. He said that he knew I had been sleeping around with shitty guys, which is not even true."

"Is he here right now?" Luke asked in anger.

"Luke, please, it's not worth it, I just needed to have a friend right now."

That's when Luke took me into his grasp and gave me a warm hug. His muscular arms held me as I buried my face into his neck. He rested his chin on top of my head and just held me. I wanted him to hold me like this forever and protect me from everything. Out of nowhere, I found a tear rolling down my eye, and many more following it.

Luke pulled me away from him a bit so he could get a look at my face.

"Please don't cry, love." He said as he looked at me with hurt eyes.

"Sorry I'm wetting your shirt."

"That's not what's bothering me at all. Its just that I get a little sad when I see you get hurt or cry."

"I just can't take any more though. What did I do to deserve all this bullshit? I Just wish I could be a regular, happy teenager without a piece of shit stepdad."I said as I looked at Luke and started to wipe away my tears.

Luke pulled me closer and kissed my forehead.

"Don't worry babe. You're safe as long as I'm with you."

***************

A/N: hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Please make sure to comment and vote!!❤️