/Chapter 9\

The next morning, I woke up in an unfamiliar room. Where was I? Oh yea. I slept over Skylar's house. I got up from the bed and folded the covers and sheets. I grabbed my phone and wallet from the nightstand and walked out the room to try and find Skylar. The apartment that she lived in was small but cute. It was enough for two people to live in but I guess she's the only one here. I found a different room that I assumed was hers so I knocked on the door, but there was no answer, so I lightly opened it and saw Skylar sleeping on her bed.

I walked over to the bed and lightly shook her.

"Huh?!" Skylar awoke from her slumber.

"Hey sky, it's me, Dani. Thank you for letting me stay here for the night but I think I'm gonna head home now."

"Oh okay. Umm if you want to eat anything make yourself at home. Sorry I can't show you around, I stayed at the party really late and my head is throbbing." She said in a raspy tone.

"Oh don't worry about it, I'm just gonna go home for now. Well thanks for everything though. Bye."

"Bye." She said and quickly went back to sleep. I felt bad for waking her up.

I made my way out of the apartment and to my car that was parked. Honestly, I didn't want to go back home, but I had to face my mom and David sometime. The drive from Slylars place to my house was about 10 minutes, so I wasn't driving for too long. I took my time to park my car because I honestly didn't want to go inside. Once I was done parking, I walked up the path to my house and unlocked the door with the keys, but right when I opened the door, chills ran down my spine. My mom and David were sitting around the kitchen table; with Jackson.

"Hello Daniela. Look who we found running around town." David said as he gestured to Jackson.

"Hey Dani. Long time no see." Jackson said in a casual tone as if nothing between us has happened.

I looked at my mom with a confused/frightened face.

"Are you just going to let this monster come into our house?!" I shouted at my mother as my breathing increased in pace. I felt like crying and running away of how scared I was. My mom just gave me sorry eyes as if she couldn't do anything about it.

"Daniela, don't be rude. We have a guest." David said calmly.

"Are you kidding me!! He's the reason why we even moved here!"

"No. You're the reason you moved here Daniela. Don't you remember. We were the most perfect couple and out of nowhere, you went bezerk and started saying horrible things about me." Jackson stated. "You were saying that I tried to rape you." He finished.

His emotion looked hurt, but I could tell it was fake.

"You did try to rape me!!! Stop lying!!" I shouted in anger at him. "David, I've told you a thousand times what he tried to do to me! Why don't you believe me?!!"

At this point, I was angry and sad that no one believed me. Everyone just looked at me with a confused face.

"I'm not crazy, so stop looking at me like that! Mom!! I know you believe me, why are you taking their side?!" She just looked down and avoided my eyes contact.

"Fine. You know what, fuck all of you!! I'm done. I can't believe I thought I was gonna come back home and actually have a normal life. Nothing has been normal for me!"

With that, I stormed out of the house and slammed the door on my way out. I found myself at the door of the house at the end of the street. Luke's house. I knocked on the door, hoping that he would be the one to answer the door.