Chapter 29~ Go To Hell

A/N: Long chapter! I also want to give a shoutout to Cuteypie14. Thanks so much for your votes on every chapter:)

"You...saw her?" Alex asked for the third time, my experience not fully running through his mind. "Hailey..that girl?"

"Alex," I said, impatient. "Yes. I saw her."

My mind was preoccupied with two different subjects. This morning, I had caught my father with paperwork for downtown L.A. The dates were recent, which told me he had never shut it down. He had lied.

He sat back on my bed, blowing out a breath. "Wow."

I mumbled an, 'mhm.'

"Well, what did you say to her?"

I thought back. "I don't even know."

"You told her you love her right?"

My head snapped over to him as he was nonchalantly scrolling through his phone. "What?"

"Did you tell her you love her?"

"I.." I struggled for words, but my mind was blank.

"Dude," he sighed, tossing his phone, "I've been around you long enough to know that you're in love."

I snorted. Alex and love in the same sentence seemed amusing.

"I'm not." I said stubbornly.

"Yeah, you are."

"Even if I was, it doesn't matter. She left for three months without any word."

"And now you found her." He said it like a solution was being made.

I squinted. "Is there a point trying to be made in this conversation?"

"Well, yeah." He said it like it was obvious. "You found the girl, now go get her."

"It's not that easy."

"Why isn't it?" He refuted, popping a piece of Trident in his mouth.

"Alex-she left."

"And there must be a reason. Let me ask you a question.."

I raised an eyebrow.

"Has there been one day that has gone by, without Hailey coming to mind?"

I bit my lip, thinking.

"That's what I thought."

"What the hell.." I muttered. I jumped up, racing to the door with Alex's whoops behind me.

I stepped down the long, winding staircase and was about to reach for the door when my father's voice stopped me.

I looked to the left, and found him sitting with seven or so collegeus.

My father was at the head of the table, a pile of paperwork in front of him. All I saw was a pathetic excuse for a man. "Elliot? Where do you think you're going?"

"Out."

He shook his head like it was impossible I would go out. His face screwed into humiliation. "Get dressed, and come sit down."

I shook my head, remembering all the lies he must've told me. All the times he forbid anything fun of me to do. The times he would dismiss any thought of mine, and even the time he looked down upon Hailey like she was filth. Now that I thought about it, I realized that Hailey never would've stolen my mom's bracelet; it was him. Everything was always about him.