Chapter 24-Saftey Hazards

A/N: Warning: there is some cursing in this chapter;0

"No. No way. I refuse." I shook my head, feeling like Mabel.

Jaxx stood on my doorstep with Alex next to her. "Look, I know this one was on her list. And knowing you, you'll never do it."

I scowled. Was I that predictable?

Alex was still staring past me into my house, murmuring, "Yeah, come on. This kind of thing is nothing."

I squinted at him. "Probably with normal people it is. But with this lunatic," I eyed Jaxx, who gave me a look, "I'll surely die."

She scowled. "That's a bit overdramatic."

"There are professionals for this kind of thing." I refuted.

Jaxx held out her hands to both herself and Alex. "Who could be better for the job?"

I stared at her. "A person who actually has the occupation."

"You're difficult." Jaxx said through clenched teeth.

"You're a safety hazard."

She stuck her tongue out at me.

"Elliot?" Alex asked, a smile on his face from watching our small arguement.

"What?" I asked, leaning against the doorway and folding my arms.

He and Jaxx exchanged a look, and the next thing I knew I was thrown over Alex's shoulder and being walked to Alex's car.

"Let me go!" I growled.

"No." He simply said.

~~~~~~~~~

"If I die," I paused for dramatic effect, "You're not allowed into my funeral."

Jaxx grinned in the passenger seat. "That's okay. I wouldn't have wanted to come, anyway."

I glared at her, and she only returned a laugh, "Kidding kidding. Now, let's go."

"I don't know what to do." I deadpanned, my grip tightening on the steering wheel.

One of the bullets on Hailey's list was to learn how to drive. I was, unfortunately, going through that experience at the moment.

"Dude, I just explained everything to you." Alex said from the backseat, as he crunched on his Cheetos.

Jaxx had driven us to a deserted, long cracked road.

"I was too busy planning my escape."

"The brake is on the left. Gas on the right. Hands at a twelve, and two o'clock angle."

I looked at him through the mirror, then blinked at the road in front of me.

"Can you drive me back, now?" I looked at Jaxx.

"No."

"I'll give you five hundred dollars."

"You have problems."

Alex piped from the back. "Um, I'll take the money."

"Only if you drive me back." I said, skeptical.