Chapter 23- Talk

Felicity's POV
I walk down the street, the freezing cold air numbing my body. It was really stupid of me to leave like that without a jacket. It's the middle of November and nearly freezing. I hear someone calling my name and continue to walk.
"Felicity!" Someone grabs my arm and turns me to face them. It's Thea.
"Oliver sent you, didn't he?"
"Yes, but-"
"I have nothing to say to him." I turn and start walking again.
"Then just listen."
"Fine."
"My brother may be an idiot, and sometimes doesn't register what he's saying. The only thing I am sure about him is that he loves you. Even with Sara-" I can feel jealousy and sadness surge through my body.
"-Ollie never acted the way he does with you. When you left, when you had amnesia, Ollie was broken. He surrounded himself in work, trying to forget the fact that he had lost you. And that was after two days! Felicity I have never seen my brother IN love. Yes he had another girlfriend, but you are the only one that matters to him. And he has given up a lot to be with you, not just so you can leave at every mistake he makes. He is a human, and we make mistakes. Just don't leave him like this." I think about what she said for a few minutes.
"Okay..." I follow her back to the apartment and see Oliver sitting on the sofa still. He sits hunched over with his elbows on his knees, his head resting on his hands.
"Ollie?" His eyes open and widen when he sees me.
"Felicity-"
"Oliver, I think it's best if we stay friends for now. Considering how much has gone wrong within one day of us being together. We can still go to the ball, but I just need space for the time being." I walk to my room and close the door. I slide against the door until I'm on the ground. I rest my arms on my knees, and my forehead on my arms. I just sit there letting the tears fall silently. I want to be with Oliver, but the universe seems to be against it. Everything around me keeps telling me that it's not going to work out.