Chapter 13- The Elevator Chapter 13- Work

Oliver's POV
After leaving the girls in the sitting room, still laughing. I go up to my room and change into my suit. I walk back downstairs and see Diggle waiting to take me to QC. The whole car ride I can't stop smiling, thinking about what happened a while ago.
"Thea wanted your credit card?"
"Yep."
"She get it?"
"Crap..." I realize that I never managed to retrieve the card from her after all. Diggle laughs when he notices my reaction.
"Those two together mean trouble."
"It's good for Thea though, she needs another girl around her age. Felicity is actually in between Thea and I."
"When's your mom getting back?"
"She should be back next week, unless she decides to stay longer."
"That's when it will get interesting."
"Yep."
"Here we are."
"Thanks Dig. Do you think you can bring Felicity over this afternoon?"
"Sure thing." I step out of the car and head into the building. As I get on my elevator that goes straight to my floor Isabel jumps on.
"Mr. Queen."
"Isabel, what now?"
"The board wants a date to reschedule the company ball."
"I'm working on it."
"I'm sure you are, but they are waiting in the meeting room."
"Great. Anything else?"
"Not for the moment. Do you have a plus one yet?"
"No."
"Well neither do I. Maybe-"
"No Isabel." The doors open and I hurry out of the elevator and towards the board room. I see Walter along with other chairman seated waiting impatiently.
"Thank you for waiting."
"Oliver, it is very important that we pick a date for this ball. It can bring in many needed sponsors."
"I understand this. And I'm grateful for your patience. I was thinking since it's so close to Christmas the ball could be held on Christmas Eve."
"Very well. That is five weeks away. Plenty of time to plan it."
"Thank you." I leave the room and head to my office.