Chapter 3

Marco awoke to Star shaking him. "Time for breakfast, sleepyhead!" Star said. Marco yawned and looked at the clock. Ten AM. He got off the couch and Star hugged him. Every morning, Star gave him a bear hug. Marco hugged her back. During breakfast, they decided they would go to dinner, then shopping. Star ate her toast hungrily. "Mmm, that was good!" Star said, putting her and Marco's plate in the sink. "What should we do today?" Marco said, cleaning off the table. "Hmmm.." Star said, scratching her head. "I know! Let's go swimming!!" Marco got in his swim trunks and met Star downstairs. She was wearing her unicorn swimsuit, playing with the laser puppies. They were crawling all over her. "I'm ready, Star! Let's go!" Marco helped her up. The laser puppies protested that their playmate had to leave. "Don't worry!" Star told them. "I'll play with you as soon as we get home!" They walked to the pool. There was a nice breeze, and flowers bloomed all around them. Star took Marco's hand in hers as they walked. Marco blushed madly. "Look! A butterfly!" Star said, pointing up at a yellow butterfly with black spots on the wings. It came and landed on Star's hand. "It's beautiful," she gushed. "Just like you," Marco said. Star looked at him and blushed. "Thank you," she said, squeezing his hand.