Chapter 42: Epilogue - Six Months Later

In a wonderful twist of fate, the Sasha incident made Les Twins even more famous than they already were.

The media ate it up and soon more offers were pouring in for movie deals, especially stalker flicks.

When the news finally broke about their mystery project it came from the man Jay-Z himself.

He and Bey were backing an experiment called Unscripted where the twins and other great dancers and music artists from all genres, from classical to hiphop, would show up and freestyle together in random locations all over the world. Never the same show twice.

Laurent wasn’t upset about the way Gabby left Paris.  He knew why she did it.  He hated tearful goodbyes, too.

They would always have a special place in each other’s hearts and they still talked all the time.

The last time he Skyped her a few days ago he was in some country she’d never heard of.

“Kyrgyzstan? Where the hell is that?”

“I dunno,” he laughed. “We just come here and do our thing. I don’t even know what city I go next.”

“Hi Gabby!” Larry flew past the webcam making a goofy face.

“Hey Larry, when you get back to Paris tell J.P. Gaultier to STOP calling me!I do not want to come visit him on his yacht.”

She could hear him cracking up in the background.

* * * *

Gabby rested her head on the back seat of the limo listening to her sister Shauna babble on about the college finals she hoped she passed.

They were making two stops—one to pick up Patrick and the other to pick up their mom on the way to the NAACP Image Awards in downtown Atlanta.Gabby had been nominated for an excellence in journalism award for her article on the twins.

The limo stopped in front of the Trend Magazine building and Patrick emerged dressed spectacularly in a purple tuxedo.

Then another limo pulled up.  The doors opened and Larry and Laurent got out.

Gabby was stunned.  Shauna pasted her face longingly against the window glass.  “Ooooh, the one with the twists is Larry, right?”

Patrick walked up to Laurent and they eyeballed one another.  It was the rare meeting of two extreme divas.

Patrick struck a pose.

Laurent sucked in his cheekbones, tossed his scarf over his shoulder, and vogue-walked past him.

Patrick came over to open the door to Gabby’s limo and mouthed the words “I like this one”.

She grabbed his arm.“You knew about this?”

He winked. “You’re not the only one who can keep a secret.”

Laurent stuck his head through the door grinning with his fro bouncing everywhere and climbed inside.

Shauna waved a giggly hello then got out to give them some privacy.

Before Gabby could say a word he answered the question painted all over her face.

He shrugged one shoulder. “We were in the neighborhood.”

Later she would learn that he and Larry would be in Atlanta for quite a while because Tyler Perry had bought the rights to film an action-comedy movie with them and Will Smith.

But right then she just fell into his arms.  They were both so happy to see each other.

Laurent touched her cheek smiling, his eyes shining playfully. “I really hope you win tonight…because I don’t date losers.”

“Lau?”

“What?”

“Shut up and kiss me.”

THE END 

** Dying to know what happens next?? **

Read the new sequel: Through the Fire here on Wattpad