Chapter 9: Blame It on the Alcohol

Gabby could tell when the twins reached the dance floor because the DJ shouted “Les Tweeeenssssss!!” and a chorus of male yelling and female screams soon followed. She found the photographer and directed him to a spot high up next to the DJ booth to get some shots of them cyphering.

Larry went first, his legs and feet moving so fast he almost didn’t look human. Laurent shadowed his brother’s moves from the sideline until the music changed and he took center circle wowing the crowd with a crazy back drop.

An hour later Larry had disappeared and Laurent was busy messing with the photographer’s camera. The club was packed and the sticky heat from all the moving bodies was sweltering. Gabby ordered another cosmo from the bar and went out on the balcony to get some air.

Outside the night was cool with a slight breeze. The balcony wrapped around two sides of the building and was dotted with ten-foot high statues and hanging plants like a mythical Greek garden.

She was sipping her drink and gazing out over the city when some noises caught her attention. She set her glass down and inched over to peek around the corner only to find Larry and a girl making out like their lives depended on it.

The girl was thick, but he pinned her up against the wall effortlessly, gripping her ass hard under her skirt with one hand.Her mahogany thighs were wrapped around his narrow waist and his face was buried between her tits.

His other hand covered her mouth only partially stifling the moans as he rammed her with a purpose against the bricks.

“Mon dieu…oui s’il vous plaît me le donner juste comme ça!”

“Tais-toi! Ferme ta gueule putain et profiter de cette.”

The rough wall scraped her flawless skin and she dug her long fake nails into his back, eyes half-closed, face frozen in an expression somewhere between pain and ecstasy.

One of her stilettos clattered to the ground but they were both too caught up to notice.

Gabby snapped a pic with her phone before stepping back out of sight.

“What you doing?” Laurent popped up out of nowhere.

“Um…nothing. Just enjoying the view.” She dropped her phone back in her handbag and clicked it shut then walked quickly to the far end of the balcony out of earshot of Larry’s situation. Laurent followed.

She rested her arms on the rail and looked dreamily out into the distance. “Paris at night is so lovely.”

“Oui. Elle est belle.” (It is beautiful.) He stood behind her and put his hands on either side of hers on the rail, not touching, but close enough that she could feel the heat coming off his body.

Gabby’s first instinct was to move away. But for some reason she didn’t. Maybe it was the vodka coursing through her veins. Or the sweet Paris night air. Or perhaps it was the imprint on her mind of Larry still sexing barely a stone’s throw away.

Maybe it was all of the above. Either way she didn’t move. Laurent leaned down to speak again and she felt his breath warm on her ear.

His lips lightly brushed the hairs on the side of her neck as he whispered, “You smell good.”

“Do you flirt like this with all the female reporters you meet?” She tried to sound aloof and composed even though the mix of sensations was making her lightheaded.

“No. Just pretty ones who trick me.”

“I wasn’t trying to trick you. It’s good for me to see you acting naturally before you know I’m a reporter. It helps with my writing.”

“You just saying that.”

She turned around so he could see she was being sincere.

With her boots on she was closer to his face level. His intense bedroom eyes burned into hers catching her off guard. She tried to take a step back but she was already up against the balcony rail.

“What’s wrong?” He taunted her with a smirk and that smoky look in his eyes.

Gabby squirmed under his gaze and felt her face starting to burn. Play time was over. She needed to leave.

“It’s getting late. I have to go,” she blurted out.

Laurent waited a few seconds longer before he slowly moved out of the way.

He had gotten to her and he knew it.