A (ah) - Amant

The sky was in somewhat of a depression, with menacing grey clouds blotting out the sun and making an unspoken promise of rain. Days like these always brought Elijah down, due to his bipolarism causing him to be sensitive to weather. He and Lecia had been driving in the dreary day, upon Elijah's request. Since he was feeling so down, he wanted to see someone he knew would make him smile. Throughout the ride that seemed to drag on for hours, Elijah was making a desperate attempt to cling to the cheerful thought of spending time with one of his close friends.

     Lecia made attempts to lighten the mood in the car by starting light conversation, which Elijah would monotonously take a part in. He was simply in the wrong mindset to be starting conversation at that point. Something about that made Elijah feel somewhat guilty, as if he was insulting Lecia by refusing to take an active part in the conversation. His fears were dithered slightly when he saw that she wore no expression of hurt, but rather one of a gentle understanding. So much like a mother, he thought to himself. The thought had made him smile, and he suddenly didn't mind driving along in the rainy atmosphere.

     The drive lasted no longer than a few minutes, much to the joy of Elijah. A part of him sparked with excitement; he had not told his friend that he would be coming over, so he was, with a sort of childish wonder, looking forward to the look on his friend's face. Lecia, however, was looking forward to being able to see and visit with her "brother" (the two aren't related in that sense, but they're close enough to be siblings. Anyone who was unaware of this would believe that they had been siblings from the start).

    Elijah led Lecia to the home's front door and knocked on it three times. For some reason, Elijah's heart had start to race and he felt a dim flare of nervousness arise in his stomach and throat. He'd hoped his sudden nervousness hadn't shown on his face, should he concern Lecia. The door opened to a face that Elijah had enjoyed seeing, but wasn't quite the friend that he was expecting.

     "Allo-- .... TORYYYY!!!!!"

     Elijah was suddenly gripped in a crushing, death-hug from Dragomir, his friend's little brother. Elijah felt his breath catch in his throat, yet somehow managed a choked laugh.

     "D-Drago, I c-can't breathe!"

     "Oops!~ Sorry, Tory~" Despite Elijah's complaint, Dragomir only released his grip slightly, just enough for him to breathe. Even still, he struggled slightly for air.

     "So, what're you doing here? You didn't tell me you were coming over! If I had known, I would've made you something!! I would've planned something!! I would've..." Dragomir had begun to ramble at this point, and Elijah had stopped listening. However, he did nod and make comments on occasion, so as not to be rudely ignoring him. Lecia cleared her throat rather loudly to get Dragomir's attention.

     "Ahem, am I invisible?~" She held her arms out, requesting a hug and perhaps making an attempt to save Elijah from Dragomir's death hug. Dragomir let out an excited giggle and released Elijah from his clutches and squeezed Lecia with his arms of death. (A/N Sorry Drago! It was written out of love! <3) She chuckled and hugged him back nearly as tightly. Elijah smiled at the two, thinking with a sense of dark humor that if they kept hugging like that, one of them would explode like a balloon.

     "Drago, is Vassie here?"

     Dragomir was distracted by Elijah's question, and released his grip on Lecia.

     "Da, he's here~ Should be....... Well, I'm not sure where he is, but he is here~" Dragomir replied with a smile. Some part of him wondered exactly what Tory wants with his brother, but he shrugged the thought away and started chatting happily at Lecia. Elijah laughed lightly and made his way inside.