Chapter 1-The Sun is Filling Up The Room

Clara was falling. She was burning and freezing and thawing and experiencing a thousand different emotions at once and she was drawing ever closer to the bottom of the pit, her oblivion.
forever falling, never stopping, always falling, and oh, reaching the end with too much force and she was dying without ever living and falling and
Clara woke with a start in a sunlit room, damp with sweat, and she suspected, blood. She felt as though she had just fallen into the bed she was laying in. She tried to sit up, but got all too dizzy and had to lay back again. A noise near the shelves of medicine startled her and she turned toward it. "Doctor?" she tried tentatively.
"Clara!" the Doctor said with a small grin. "You're awake!" He seemed relieved.
"What-what happened?" Clara stuttered sleepily.
"Ah, well..." the Doctor rubbed his forehead with his finger. "You were hit by a blow to the head by Vinvocci glass."
"Vinvocci-Vinvocci what?"
"Vinvocci glass. You've got a bit of a scrape on your forehead and you passed out because of the force of the flying glass. But at least it didn't shatter on you, that would have been disastrous."
Clara didn't  want to ask him what would have happened if the glass had shattered. The Doctor sensed her resignation and walked over with a hot towel and gingerly sat down on a chair near her bed. He draped the towel over her forehead and saw that she was falling asleep. She breathed in and out, her eyes closing. He hesitated, then put a hand in her hair, stroking it gently. "I could have lost you..." he whispered to her softly. He slowly withdrew his hand  and rested his head on it. He paused, then whispered to her what he had told himself he must never say. But Clara was already asleep.