Twenty one~All i want is you

-"I'm scared of falling"
-"Why?"
-"Because I know how hard I will hit the ground"

~*~

The night took a turn for the worst.

No one saw it coming and frankly my mind couldn't fathom what just happened, people rushed down onto the football field to help the injured players, we're going to give a bad first impression to newhigh school after this. Some how the centre kicked the ball and it hit the score board. Only it hit it so hard that the score board collapsed on God knows how many players.

Ella and I joined the sea of bodies who tried to help the players, as I pushed passed people I saw some people helping a player who's leg had twisted abnormally and he wasn't breathing.

"Someone call 911!" Someone screamed "Will isn't breathing!"

He wasn't breathing and that's what scared me, the tears swelled in my throat as people shouted and screamed; it felt so surreal I wanted it to be a dream. Jack was okay though, he wasn't near the board when it collapsed.

"Lara!"

I spun around to find Oliver with a bandaged wrist, his eye was badly bruised but he was standing as of everything was okay but it wasn't okay. He jogged up to me and gasped for breath frantically, the words were trying to come out of his mouth but all he could do was sob.

"Hey, Oliver what happ-"

"Damien wants you. He's about to go into the ambulance and he doesn't want anyone else to go with him except you" he told me.

My body tensed, he could be hurt badly; I couldn't just say no "Take me to him"

• • •

He had a bruised rib cage. Broken leg, he had a concussion and a fractured wrist. I watched them give him needles, pills and other medicines, they told me to leave but even under the daze and haziness he told me to stay and I did even though the lady who was taking care of him gave me a glare.

I couldn't help but notice how she looked at him, with admiration and affection; I knew exactly what she was feeling because I still feel like that. As I sat at his bed, trying to keep my eyes open my phone rang and I quickly picked it up.

"Hey" I breathed.

"How is he?" Ella asked. Her voice sounding higher on the phone.

I sighed and glanced at Damien's sleeping body the turned back to face the door "He has a concussion, bruised rib cage, broken leg and fractured wrist"

"Oh my god! That board hurt a lot of people. Will entered a coma" she said. Will the guy who wasn't breathing, how did something fun turn into a nightmare?

"It's karma come back to bite me" I mumbled under my breath.

"No it's not your fault! It was just an accident, we'll keep everyone in our prayers. How are you getting home?"

"I'll wait for him to wake up then book a taxi"

"You'll be okay in your house alone?"

"Yeah course"

"Okay baby cheeks bye" she said and hung up. As soon as I hung up the bed creaked.

"I've been awake for an hour stone" he smiled wearily.

I narrowed my eyes at him and tried to find the words to express how stunned I was "So you were pretending to be asleep?"

He laughed "I was resting my eyes"

I shrugged and grabbed my coat and bag from the hanger; he was awake now so I can leave.

"Where are you going?" He asked, panic in his voice.