Eleven~Secrets won't stay hidden forever

"He was crazy, but I was even crazier"

_________

"Break in"

"What?" I gasped.

Ella pulled a are-you-dumb-or-what face as she threw a grape into her mouth and sucked on it "Break into Mr MCcoy's office"

"Are you mad? we could get caught!"

"Shh, keep your voice down" she whispered and looked around for any wagging ears "You can't speak loudly of crimes we are about to commit"

I've never committed a crime, I haven't stolen anything, I haven't ever broken into the principles office and wasn't planning to.

"Look Lara, you said Damien was sketchy, so dig up some dirt on him. What a great way to do that than looking up his files, the principle always has student's background info in files he must be in there"

My hands grew sweaty at the thought of it, as much as I wanted to find out about Damien and why he seemed so closed off this was a bad idea. Although it could go well.

I sighed "Fine"

"Yes!" Ella fist pumped the air "Okay, Mr MCcoy leaves his office for lunch in three..two..one" as if on cue Mr MCcoy emerged from the corridor and went to cue up for his lunch, My jaw dropped at Ella, wondering how she knew that but she just wriggled her eyebrow "I can pick locks, there's no CCTV near his office and we have exactly thirty minutes to find Damien's file"

I nodded and we both stood up and excited the cafeteria, walking past Mr MCcoy was difficult, it was hard to not look guilty when you were about to break into the man's office, as the chatter of voices coming from the cafeteria began to fade the fear began to nibble at me, I was about to change my mind when Mr MCcoy's office came into view. Ella bent down and pulled a bobby pin from her hair and began picking the lock as I kept a look out for anyone coming this way, after a couple seconds a soft 'click' chimed and Ella stood up, placed her bobby pin back into her hair and giggled.

"How did you learn how to pick a lock in under five seconds?" I asked.

She shrugged "My mom used to hide my heels under lock and key, A girl has to find a way to get what she wants"

Shaking my head and smiling, I slipped into the office while Ella stood guard. His office was dull, with only but a shelf, a desk, piles of papers everywhere and a trophy case, quickly I rushed to the dusty shelf and yanked one of the shelves out.

Sophomore Year. Not what I was looking for.

Junior. Definitely not.

Senior, bingo.

I rummaged through the last names section until I reached the G section and looked for Grey. When I saw nothing I was about to give up when his name was printed on one of he folders; Damien Grey. I ripped out the file and skim read it.

Name: Damien Grey

Date of birth: 10th July 1997

Guardian: Gabriel Grey

birth city: Unknown

Birth Parents: Unknown

Address: 56 Lookmanor TXY5

Other information: Was Sent to juvenale prison for attempted murder of his adopted mother

I blinked slowly when I read the attempted murder of his mother, was I reading correctly? In the midgets of my thoughts the door flew open and Ella's face popped in "Mrs Cox is coming! come on, just take the file with you"

~*~

Ella and I sat in her room staring at the open file on her bed, Mom's working late and doesn't want me home alone since the last incident happened so asked Ella's father if I could stay another night, he didn't really care, as long as he got booze down his throat. I'd read the file almost a million times trying to find a wrong word that I didn't read the part where Damien attempted to murder his own mother.

"M-maybe we read it wrong" she muttered, her voice was barely heard over all the thunder and lightening even though the weather said it would be sunny.

I pointed at the file "Ella, It's written right there in black and white. You are living next door to a killer"

"Fucking hell" she breathed, she scooted over and snatched her laptop from the table. Clicking on Google, she typing in Damien's name and 'Murder case' after it. I hoped the search would come back with no results but there were results, Ella gulped as she clicked the first link.

'Fifteen year old Damien Arthur Grey was found guilty of the attempted murder of his adopted Mother Alison Cutler in their home in Graveishire. Damien's adopted Father Matthew Cutler claimed his son had a mental issue and had no clue what he was doing when he loaded the gun, the fifteen year old spent a year away from his older brother and his father in a correction facility trying to recover from his illness. The fifteen year old was soon sent to Juvenal prison for three years due to the later death of his adopted mother. But was let out two years early due to his farther denying the case and the Judge agreeing, all charges were dropped.'

The lighting lit up the dark room and caused both Ella and I to jump into each other's arms, Ella's heart was beating so fast and loud I could hear it threatening to jump out of her chest and mine was going crazy too. We were living beside a killer who's charges were dropped abruptly after he killed his mother, there was no explanation why the charges were dropped. He walked free.

"How old is Damien now?" Ella said n a shaky voice.

I replied barely above a whisper "He's just turned eighteen" One year older than me.

"Three years ago this happened Lara, He killed someone Three years ago and he went free! it was as if his dad thought 'oh that night never happened I don't know what your talking about' and the stupid judge going 'yeah your right drop the charges' how fucking idiotic is that huh?"

"This is crazy" I breathed.

"He's a killer and he walked free"

Damien Grey is a killer.

~*~
I start school on Monday and I'm crying, first day of y10 (for you Americans its...junior year...right? I don't even know) BUT ITS GCSE YEAR AND IM FREAKING BECAUSE AFRICAN PARENTS EXPECT ALL A* UGGHHHH yanoe last night my dad came into my room and said "do you know what your cousin got in her GCSE's" and I said "what?" And he said "3 A* 5 A's and 1 B"

He lowkey told me I should be getting those kind of grades in my GCSE ahahaha *cries* BUT thank you for 5K ya'll are lovely