Ten~Breaking down in many ways

Feel free to click the Photo^^ quite proud of this edit haha enjoy the chapter!

• • •

"Oh shoot"

Ella cursed as she kicked the car and crossed her arms.

It took sheer will power to pry my eyes away from my almost finished drawing that had taken up most of my night to do, the bags were visible under my eyes and concealer did nothing to hide them, the make up didn't wake up my face they just made my weary eyes look even more tired."What's the matter?" I asked.

Her face turned bright red "The car won't start, I don't know what happened, it was working fine yesterday but the engine is dead"

I have my art exhibition in the morning and Ella promised to drop me off, even though she has a half day she said she would come and support me. It was eight and I needed to be at school for nine but with the car not starting catching the bus will take more than an hour.

"I can take her"

I dropped my note book by accident, he scared me so much that the thick book slipped from my hand. I was about to bend to pick it up when a hand already beat me to it, Damien had picked up my notebook and stared at it, he smirked while handing it back to me "You're really good"

I took it away from him quickly "Thanks"

"What is it? I can't make it out" he said.

Oh cheers.

"A wolf eye" I said dryly and turned my attention back to Ella who angrily slammed her car door and stomped her way over to us.

She tapped her foot and pursed her lips "It won't fucking work!"

"I can take her, you take your car to the garage" he told Ella then turned to me with a smug smile on his face "And I'll stay for her art exhibition"

Oh God no.

"Thank you Damien! I owe you, I promise I'll try and make it in time for your exhibition Lara" she kissed me gently on the cheek, then ran back inside to call a mechanic. Damien gestured to his car and I hesitantly walked passed him and into the passenger seat, he waited for me to buckle my seat belt before driving. I had practically forty five minutes to finish this drawing and it was no where near done, the shading was horrendous, the tone was ridiculous and my ink pen for details was beginning to run out not to mention the bumpy ride.

"You look like you could pass out" Damien chirped as I tried to highlight the eye.

Irritation was pooling off me as I spoke "I have to get this done before the exhibition-"

The car made a coughing sound, it sounded as though it was dying and Damien looked even more surprised than me, oh God no not another breakdown. The car came to a halt and we sat in silence for a while when Damien jumped out of the car and I did too.

"Are you kidding me" I moaned. This was some sort of horrible bad luck, first Ella's car now Damien's. "I'll just catch the bus"

"Wait Lara, I can fix it"

"It sounded like it was dying!" I said as I was half way about to cross the road. I didn't see the car turn around the corner and come at 30mph even though this is a twenty mile zone, it was only when I was in the centre of the road and the car head lights were up in my face that realization hit me and I was too paralysed to move. Damien's voice didn't register in my head all I was thinking about was my death, I was going to die. It hit me right in the stomach, I rolled over the roof and fell on the other side, my head hitting the concrete, my body ached, I couldn't feel my legs and my stomach felt like my insides had been ripped out. The bitter stench of blood lingered in the air and made me want to vomit, my vision was blurry and I could just barely make out the number plate on the car.

6GT4F78.

"Hey Lara, hey look at me"

He ran his hand down the side of my face and on reflex I flinched and shook my head, that number plate was not what I think it was.

"I'm trying to help here, you collapsed after your nose started bleeding like the fucking Hoover Dam" he laughed nervously, I touched my nose and a blood stain appeared on my finger, I've never had a nose bleed in my life.

I looked around frantically "Where's the car?"

He grimaced "The car's there, I fixed it. You don't need to catch the bus"

"No I mean, the car which ran me over-" Correction, your car which ran me over.

"What car?"

I shook my head "Never mind" It was just another hallucination, I should start taking those pills. "Lets just go to school"

~*~

"Which ones yours?"

I pointed at the small picture of the eye I frantically drew this morning and the large abstract water colour painting of Ella and a large chalk painting of Cassie and Nikki, I thought of doing two paintings of Cassie and Nikki to give to both girl's parents and their reaction will forever stay in my mind.

Damien wondered over and practically dragged me with him, I hated looking at my work on display it made me feel like I was boasting or I was full of vain. He wouldn't take his eyes of the painting of Nikki and Cassie, his brown eyes were fixed on it and he seemed like he wasn't in the room, like he was sucked into his thoughts and wouldn't come out.

"This is really good" he spoke, without looking at me.

"Um..thanks"

"Was that a another Hallucination? what happened today?" he asked abruptly, I nearly chocked on the water I was drinking.

"I think so" I said in monotone.

He laughed "Your brain is fucked up"

"So is yours"

"We're the perfect mess then" he flicked my nose and walked away. He made me irritated, nervous and angry all at the same time. But something about him gave me the chills, he was different.

And that different didn't seem good.

~*~

Early update because I'm so FRICKING HAPPYYYYYY
1,000 beautiful people follow me and I couldn't be more grateful for my followers and readers you guys are amazing! Thank you so much for all your support and kind messages and comments and all your vote's they make me so happy you have no idea just how much! If I could I would hug each and everyone of you and tell you how much I love you <3

THANK YOU FOR EVERYTHING