Chapter Twenty Three

Chapter Twenty three

Today we're going back. Back to the Capitol where I will be crowned president. I really wasn't looking forward to this. I wanted to be president because I can make Panem a better place for everyone. I know that when Snow dies, the capitol is going to be full of tears that you could make into a river. I'm going to be under a lot of pressure with this. Peeta and I will be forced to get pregnant if I don't get caught soon. I want to have a baby on our own and not being forced by the capitol or anyone else but us. I also know that now Snow is dying, I won't have to worry about my kids being in the bowl with other names that could be picked as a tribute to enter an arena just like their Mom and Dad. And we wont have to mentor her as she lives her last few moments.

Firs thing this morning, Peeta and I got packed up and went to say goodbye to Finnick Annie and Mags. Finnick drove us back to the train station. I was actually happy because I could see Prim again. I had missed her over the pas5t two days but I wouldn't change the way we spent our short honeymoon. I'm definitely going to miss having alone time with Peeta. One of my biggest fears other than the death of my family is that Peeta will think that I'm becoming clingy and is sick and tired of having me around all the time that he leaved me. I came up with a solution in the car journey that I was going to give him his space. Distance myself from him.

On the train back, I stayed away from Peeta as much as I could without being obvious. But I know him too well. He sensed something was going on because he kept asking me. I think he feels guilty for it even though he doesn't know why I'm being the way I am.

"Come on Katniss, I'm your husband. You can trust me." He pleased, I didn't say anything but walked away.

When we got back to the Capitol, Cinna and Portia picked us up in two separate cars tyo get ready for the carnation. "You and Peeta looked Pretty tense tood next to each other earlier." Cinna commented as I sat next to him in the vehicle/

"I'm giving him space." I said with a shrug.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't want him to think I'm clingy and get sick of me." I whispered/

"You're not clingy Katniss, you're i love and Peeta loves you way to much to ever stop." He reassure me. I left it at that and watched the scenery around me as we sped to the capitol palace. I watched as the Capitol residents talked about whatever and all chirpy as usual. Nothing seemed out of place. I could tell that everyone was already upset about Presidents health condition. But they were excited they had another celebration. They were able to drink and eat then puke it all up and do it all over again. They also go to the presidential palace, its not everyday they get to enter it.

"Okay Katniss, when you go into the building go into the first door on your right on the second floor."Cinna instructed, I nodded. "Peeta will be in the one opposite you but you're not allowed to see each other until it's time. I've got to go get your outfit. I'll meet you there.2 I did as I told and went into the room that was filled with makeup accessories everything you could think of.

I sat on the bed next to the nail varnishes and started to play with the forest green colour that stood out over all the luminous colours. It was such a beautiful colour but I doubt Sow would let me wear the colour I wanted because thats where it all started.

"Okay. You ready Katniss?" I nodded and got off the bed. I sat in the chair that Cinna gestured to. Her began to make me look pretty and so unlike myself. He applied my make up and waxed my eyebrows that surprisingly didn't hurt that much. I guess I'm used to it now.

"Oh Cinna. I'm so sorry I'm late."Flavius exclaimed rushing into the room.

"It's okay, just start on her nails."He ordered. Flavius didn't ay anything, he grabbed my hand and the colour was having them which was a lilac colour. I liked the look of the colour, it was calm and beautiful.