chapter 12.

Xoxoxoxox. ..

As every other day...Sam woke up at about 7am..
He had a precise routine to his life..and he hated when it's messed up..

He would wake up...and take a little run down his street...out to the woods..where few people did their work outs..

There was a beautiful park not far from there..and he liked to cut through from the woods and back to his house.

He hated the busy road..and hated running into people who just wanted to chat and mess up his day...He always had ear phones on so just ncase some called out to him..He could pretend he couldnt hear..He puts the music on from his playpod and increases it to the highest just incase.

Then back from his jogg..He would do pressups and clear out the scrubs and weeds sprouting out its head...He never had the fancy for flowers nor did he intend to make a garden...so he mows it all out...and pours granite on the ground...

He would shower and then make breakfast...
Take out his tools, carry his work cloths and head out to work..
He was a busy man..
He only returns home when the days business was done.

On weekends..He would complete his fence...that was taking him a few weeks to complete because he always postponed it...He mentally told himself he would finish it.

He had a barn ...where he left his horses..which he breeds and sells off. That was also a profitable business aside his mechanic car shop out at Brookville ..where he fixes cars up, sells used or parts...He saw opportunity in everything.

It took him 5 years before profits started rolling in. He was thankful he was determined else he would have thrown in the towel and given up.

He got himself a dog last year...He named him buck.
Friendly fella...He never goes anywhere without buck. He was his companion...and he has somewhat grown to love this wretched animal.
Man's best friend his Pa old Bart used to say...

So last year while he was having drinks with some fellas at a bar opposite his shop..
It was freezing cold and he came out to take a few drags of his cigarette.
There was non smoking policy in the bar so he stepped outside.

He really didnt smoke but he was cold and wasn't in the mood to get drunk by having more beer...so he asked for a stick from his pal Damon. .who was happy to oblige.

He noticed something shivering at the corner close to a dumpster...
At first he thought it was a child because it was hiding under a dirty cloth..He couldn't tell but it was shivering..

He crossed the road to have a closer look..lifting the cloth up with his booth..whatever it was wasn't a child..but it was something alright..

He kicked the bucket next to it and there was a small yelp..

He threw the cloth open.

It was a puppy..probably scared one too..shifted deep into the cloth trying to hide itself or run from the cold...

Sam figured it got separated from its family. .or someone lost it or forgot it..

He beckoned for it to come out but it probably didnt understand..so he reached out and pulls it to himself..The small yelps continued and it's nose was cold..and it was shaking..like someone dumped it in a bucket full of ice.

Sam covers it with his jacket and heads to his truck..
He calls Damon out..and shows him what he found.

Damn suggested that since it had no collar for identification there is a possibility that he was new..born or new buy and maybe got separated or lost.

Sam asked for directions to the vet clinic and then where to go to for situations like this..Damon gave him and he bade him farewell.

Well...Unfortunately. .After he got him to the vet..and had it treated and was told it was a male.
He left him at the dog shop..giving his name and address just incase someone picks him up so he knows it's being returned to its owner.

After a few weeks of waiting and not receiving any call..He went back and was told no one had come forward to claim him despite the notice..

A week later he brought the dog home..named him buck..and they have been friends ever since..

And as everyother day..

Sam and buck would do his runs ..
He wasnt much help in helping to move woods and planks. .but he sat quietly why sam worked..and waited patiently
Sam got his meals...and was a good boy when he was being bathed..

And when sam opens the door to his truck...He quickly jumps on..wriggling his tail and sticking out his tongue as excited as a dog it is to hang with its master... and when sam speeds off..He would put it's head outside the window..

Sam figured that was his favourite part of the day..makes him laugh..

Xoxoxoxox