Chapter 1

(c) Sam Castle 2015

All rights reserved.

~

Author's Note: Please note that I follow Australian editorial guidelines for spelling, grammar, punctuation and formatting.

~

'Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heav'n..."

John Milton, Paradise Lost

Lucifer sat stiff and tall at the far end of the da rkened room. Everything was cold; bone and stone. He stared contemptuously at the playing pieces of his game. The delicately pale pawns were shaped as humans.

Moloch, his dark back tense and knotted with muscle, waited at the adamantine doors. Even through the thick stone of the door Moloch could hear the screaming and weeping of wretched souls being tortured. Normally he would pause to listen to the sound - it excited him - but unfortunately he could afford no distraction.

"Greetings, Lucifer! Honoured Emperor of Hell! Commander of the Legions of the Fallen! It is my great honour to be in your presence, my Lord."

The Fiend continued to concentrate on his sport, "Moloch, my general. We have much to discuss. I grow weary of losses... I am tired of waiting. When will this plan of ours...of mine bear fruit?" hissed Lucifer, "Come closer, prince."

Moloch strode confidently towards the Great Fiend and knelt at his feet. "Master, I too wish to rid myself of this horrid shackle, this shadow of a world. Since before time, we have planned to unleash our evil. With the human world as our battleground -"

"How far are the preparations along?" Lucifer clenched his hand into a fist, viciously crushing a pawn, his long, deathly white fingers muting its tormented scream.

"Everything is ready."

"My daughter? My son? The Mouth of Hell?"

"Of course. You have nothing to worry-"

"Worry? Nothing to worry about, Moloch?" Lucifer roared, coming to his feet, "Then pray, what is this disquiet I am feeling? It is not nothing, servant! We could be discovered by those self-righteous seraphim! High above us, they are, yet their ears have pierced this cell before. We could be stopped before we have even begun; thwarted by the edge of their swords, once again! A thousand times before they have succeeded and we have not. I have planned too long, Moloch! An eternity I have searched for a weapon to wield against He who calls Himself Almighty! I could soon have all I have ever wanted!"

"Our innumerable attempts have only yielded disappointment and dissatisfaction. That is why I am doing all I can to achieve-"

"Victory," spat the dark king, "and they will worship me!"

He stood, commanding subservience and approached his second in command. By the light of the cold flames Moloch could clearly see his savage grin, the ragged scar on his left cheek and the evil intent in his eyes.

Lucifer gripped Moloch's shoulder tightly, "Go now and carry this out for me. And Moloch, succeed in this or I will devour you myself."

Moloch lowered his gaze and humbly agreed to do all that was asked of him. Unseen by Lucifer, his eyes simmered with hatred.

If you liked this chapter please vote below!

Except for use in any review, the reproduction or utlisation of this work in whole or in part in any form by any electronic, mechanical or other means, now known or hereafter invented, including xerography, photocopying and recording, or in any information storage or retrieval system, is forbidden without the permission of the author.

This is a work of fiction. Names, characters, businesses, places, events and incidents are either the products of the author's imagination or used in a fictitious manner. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is entirely coincidental.

Releasing SinOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara