Chapter 49 - There It Is Again

Hey everyone !!! sorry i havent updated in ages!! i hope you all enjoy this

Make sure to play the multimedia when it says so!!!!

Bella’ POV

I walked upstairs and into my room ignoring the fact that we had guests over. I couldn’t believe my mother invited the Irwin family to have dinner. Oh great, make things even more awkward for me thanks mother. I laid down on my bed and just thought about all the embarrassing things which might happened tonight. My mum could pull out the baby photos, or she can tell embarrassing stories… or even worse she can show home videos. NOOOOO. I got up off my bed and looked at myself in the mirror, I fixed my hair and adjusted myself. Even if my ex-boyfriend was here im still going to try and at least look good.

“BELLA GET DOWNSTAIRS NOW!!” My mum yelled from downstairs. And with that I walked out of my bedroom and down the staircase. My heart started to beat again fast… I was so nervous… I don’t want anything else to be even more awkward between me and Ashton.

“oh there you are honey about time” My mum said. I smiled at her and looked at Ashton and his mum.

“Sorry I just had to put my stuff away, if I put it down somewhere randomly I would probably forget later” I said, lying. Everyone looked at me weirdly and I just walked into the kitchen ignoring their staring. Everyone else then followed me into the kitchen and I started to set up the table while mum and Ashton’s mum started to talk. Ashton just stood there awkwardly listening to their conversations.

“Yes, I heard the other day that carol was moving into our suburb”

“Really?, I wouldn’t expect her to move?”

And the conversation went on from there. Mum had finally finish serving dinner and we all sat down at the table. Me and mum were sitting on one side, and Ashton and his mum were on the other. Im really not enjoying tonight, I can tell Ashton isn’t either.. he was sitting across from me just playing with his food he looked bored.

“Yeah Ashton was so cute on his first day of high school he made friends instantly but he had already known Bec. I swear those two were so little back then and now look at them all grown up touring the world.” Anne-maree said smiling at Ashton.

“Mum don’t get all soppy on me okay?” Ashton said smiling at her. He really did love his mum.

“How was your first day Bella of high school?” Anne-maree asked me.

“Yeah it was actually one of the best days at my old school, I made all of these friends we all got along. It seemed so perfect, new school, new friends and everyone was so happy. But I guess things never really stay like that forever…” I said looking down at my food. Everyone went silent. I could feel Ashton’s eyes piercing into me, but I didn’t look at him. I then notice my mum looking up at Anne-maree. Yep she was going to tell her. Ashton new about my past, but his mum didn’t, and obviously now that we are all so close my mum was going to tell her.

“Bella was bullied at her old school, she had so many friends, got along with everyone. She was having such a great time at her old school. Until one day one girl spread rumours around the school….” My mum said. I couldn’t listen to it anymore, I was so over my past I got up out of my chair and walked upstairs and back into my room. I was not going to listen to my mum relive my past… I never want to go back… I never want to think about it. I got into my room and just sat up on my bed and looked out the window. The world was so much more different now, why does my past have to always come back to haunt me?