2. Social Status

Lydia's POV:
"He just risked his whole social status! I don't get it!" I complain. Allison and I made our way across the bleachers to watch the lacrosse team practice.
"You guys made a vow, maybe he just wanted to keep it?"
"Oh sure.... And maybe I'm not a total dork who could bring him back to a social class of zero!" Sarcasm oozes out of the sentence and Allison rolls her eyes. We sit on the top row and I immediately pull out Harris's homework. What a douche for giving it out on the first day. Allison's eyes were glued to the field as I glanced up occasionally.
"Who's that?" She points to the boy in the goal. I was about to tell her Danny until I spotted the number on his jersey. 11.
"Scott McCall. One of Stilinski's best friends. Why?"
"No reason he's just in my English class." Her eyes were a dreamy glaze.
"Lydia!" What the. I look up from my homework to spot Stiles jogging off of the field, towards me. Quickly, and clumsily, I put away my things and readjusted my coat.
"Hiles!" I waved and he threw me a weird look. "I was going to say 'hi' but then I started to say your name." I speak, nervous.
He chuckles. God that chuckle!
"Cool...that's cool." He grins and I can feel heat rushing to my cheeks. "Who's you're friend?"
"Oh! I'm sorry this is Allison Argent. She just moved in down the street from me." I introduce.
"Stiles Stilinski." He smiles and they shake hands. He thanks me for introducing them and heads out onto the field again. I thought maybe he wanted to talk to me... I thought wrong.
"Look, look, look!!" Allison is pulling on my jacket and I look in the direction of her finger. Stiles had jogged immediately back to Scott, whispering in his ear and gesturing towards Allison. Scott's face brightens and he glances at us. Stiles moves away from Scott's ear and they're both looking at us now.
"He totally just told Scott about you." I tell Allison and a toothy smile forms on her face. I roll my eyes, returning to my homework as she watches the rest of practice.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
"Hey! Lydia wait up!" Practice was finally over and my homework was finally done. Allison and I were just about to get into my car when we heard Scott's voice. Of course she stopped walking and since I was her ride home, I had to stop too.
"Scott, right?" Allison turns around and I notice that Scott isn't alone. Trudging behind him was none other than the boy of my dreams.
"Yeah, and you're Allison, Lydia's friend." Scott looks over her shoulder and gives me a nod in greeting. I smile slightly, pushing my glasses farther up my nose. As much as I wanted to let them bond, I knew Stiles had a very important date to attend to and I couldn't look at him without thinking about the twins. Disgusting.
"Allison, I'm going to miss Top Model." I walk up and put my hand on her shoulder, leaning in close to her ear. " I never miss Top Model." She shoos me away and I purse my lips. Top Model was on in two hours, I was fine.
"Yeah Scott, I'm going to miss Top Model too! I especially like the tall, blonde, twins." Stiles spits but Scott ignores him. I roll my eyes. He could not show up and those sluts would still come running back the next day.
"You can leave if you want." I glare at him.
"As much as I'd love to, I'm Scott's chauffeur." I glance out of the corner of my eye to see Scott and Allison exchanging numbers. I could already tell they were going to be a thing. A very cute thing. Maybe even the it couple.
"I'm sure Allison wouldn't mind giving me a ride. You go home, Stiles." Scott smiles sweetly.
"Oh no. I ride with Lydia and at the end of the week I pay her for gas. Otherwise I would." Allison smiles back. They were both so kind and definitely a perfect match.
"If you really have to go, Stiles, I'd give Scott a ride home, free of charge." I say.
Stiles grins and reaches into the front pocket of his jeans. His face falls and a frantically starts patting his pockets. Scott lifts up his hand, revealing Stiles' keys looped around his finger.
" What are you doing tonight?" Scott asks Allison.
"Like, right now?" She questions.
"Top Model..."  I say in singsong. She better not.
"Nothing. Neither is Lydia... We could all go out for pizza or something." DAMN YOU ALLISON! DAMN YOU STRAIGHT TO HELL!
" I'm actually kinda busy so-"
"How bout bowling?" Scott interrupts Stiles.
"Great. Let us go home and drop off our stuff and we'll see there." Allison smiles. Scott hands the keys back to Stiles and they walk off towards the jeep. I take a textbook out of my bag and whack Allison repeatedly on the arm.
"WHAT WAS THAT!?" I yell, walking towards my car. She rubs her shoulder before settling in the passenger side.
"We are going to make you look cute and you are going on a date with your dream boy." She giggles.
"NO! NO THAT IS NOT A DATE! IT IS NOT A DATE WHEN YOU ARE GOING WITH OTHER PEOPLE!"
She shrugs. "Double date. I roll my eyes and start the engine, rolling out of the school parking lot. I had to admit that I was a little excited but Stiles had other arrangements and I still couldn't get that haunting thought out of my brain. But he had kept the vow... No. Lydia you've had a crush on him since the third grade. You had your chance when he was still a dork but now it was too late. I had to get over him.
I had to forget about Stiles Stilinski.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Authors  note:
Short chapter I know but I wanted to get this up tonight. I have evil plans for the rest of the book. EVIL I TELL YOU! Just kidding but I do have some ideas that are particularly two-sided in opinion. I told two of my Teen Wolf loving friends: one called me a monster and the other proclaimed me brilliant (*shrugs because the idea is purely both*)
BTW, please check out my story Surviving The Summer Before Sophomore Year and tell me whatcha think😉
Comment, read, enjoy!
-Chloe