Chapter 28

*Adithya Pov*

"What is happening here?" I asked Rajeev getting down from my bike.

"I don't know but some two cars got hit by each other. Even though no one is hurt a guy in one car has lost his temper towards the girl in another car." He explained.

"I will go and see to it, but first you go and search where is that traffic police who is supposed to take care of this situation." I said, and he nodded walking away.

I walked towards the crowd and reached near the cars with the crowd parting themselves seeing me.

Then I heard the man cursing the girl. How can he do that? I thought and walked towards the man.

"No matter whose mistake it is you can't curse a girl like that." I said and he immediately looked at me.

"But see what she did, sir. She was coming with over speed, which is a wrong thing." He said and then I saw that his car is little damaged.

"Excuse me, miss?" I called as she is with her back towards us calling someone.

She turned and looked straight at me shocked with tears in her eyes. She walked towards me and slowly said, "Adithya!"

I am completely shocked seeing her here like this. I looked around and calmly said, "First move both of your vehicles to the side so that the traffic can be removed."

They both nodded and did as I asked them to. At the same time, the traffic police reached us. I gave him instructions and a warning for forgetting his duty.

"So both of you can start saying what happened after one another." I said turning towards them.

When they finished explaining, Rajeev walked towards me after watching footage from a cctv camera installed in the signal.

"Parul!" he mumbled when he saw who the lady is.

"So whose mistake is this?" I asked him.

"It is not mine, Adithya. Don't you believe me?" she asked, but I ignored her.

"It is hers." Rajeev said.

"You can make a complaint on her to us, or you can ask for compensation which I think is a better option." I said looking at the guy.

"I want compensation. I don't have time to lodge a case and run around it." He said looking at his watch.

"Madam! Pay the amount he wants so that you can escape the need to go to jail, and you will be given a slip for not following traffic rules." I said and started walking towards my bike along with Rajeev as we are getting late.

We explained the solution to the new traffic police who reached, and he said he will take care of it.

"Adithya!" I heard her calling me.

"Yes?" I asked, turning around.

"I have half of the money. My parents are out-of-town. Can you lend me some please?" she asked and I can see the tears in her eyes.

"Don't, Adithya." Rajeev mumbled.

I closed my eyes and decided to give her as it is bad for her to stay like this on the road with everyone looking at her as a culprit.

"Here!" I said, giving her and she suddenly hugged me.

"Thank you so much. I actually wanted to talk to you, but I never thought I would meet you like this before that." she said, and I pushed her away.

"Don't forget that I am an officer, and I am on duty. And we are standing on the road and especially as you can't hug a married man like that." I said and walked away along with Rajeev fisting my hand.