Chapter 1

*Janice Pov*

I woke up suddenly hearing the pounding on my door. I groaned, feeling complete disappointment because my dream was getting better, but this just disturbed it.

"I am coming!" I mumbled and opened the door yawning.

"Janice! There is an emergency." He said, staring at me.

"What happened?" I asked him in shock.

"Murder is going on Janice." He replied and pointed downstairs.

"Huh?" I said not understanding at all.

"Mom is cutting the bread into slices. She is murdering the bread, and you are sleeping here. How irresponsible you are Janice?" He said, shaking his head in disappointment.

"You are dead, Benjamin." I shouted and started hitting him.

"It's Ben." He said and tried not to get hit by me.

"Janice! Ben! Come downstairs and have some breakfast." I heard Mom calling us.

"I hate you." I said hitting his shoulder and walked back inside my room to get ready.

"I know you love me, little sister." He shouted and walked away.

That I do! He is such a good brother I could ever have except at these times where he tries to prank on me but only with words.

After getting ready, I walked downstairs to see complete silence filled dining table. My brother sighed in relief when he saw me.

"So do you need to go to college today?" he asked smirking.

"Yes!" I replied, glaring at him, even after he knows why it is important.

"College is over, right?" Mom asked, frowning at me.

"We all students decided to meet once at the college itself and spend time with no worries." I replied.

"Ok! And did you plan what will you do now?" Dad asked.

"Dad! She just got graduated. Let her enjoy her holidays." Brother replied before I can say anything.

"I want to be a lecturer." I said shrugging.

"Perfect profession for you Janice! As spectacles are already there only a stick is missing in your hand. And you really talk only about subjects all the time, so it is perfect." He said, glancing at Mom and Dad, and I stopped myself from smiling.

"Fine! You can choose it, and Ben is enough for the business I guess." Dad said after a few minutes, and I stopped myself from giving a grin.

"Ok Dad." I mumbled, and we both got up while Mom and Dad continued to talk.

"You are such a sweet brother. I got really scared he will not accept it, but you did it." I said hugging him.

"You need to help me too." He said in a serious tone.

"About what?" I asked him frowning.

"Next week, I will bring her here, and you need to be on my side making them accept us." He replied.

"Of course I will do anything for Abby." I said smiling.

"Really? She became more important than your brother?" He asked frowning.

"Don't sulk, Bro! Now let me go to college." I said, taking my purse and the books I need to return to the library.

"All the best." He said grinning.