Chapter 16: Everything's Okay

Start from the beginning

Why am I even thinking of this?

In about 10 minutes, Mike is parking the car in the garage and my mouth flies open as I take in the view. This house is huge! Mel has been a Queen once. Why did she...? Brad practically screams and runs around. Mike releases a heartfelt laugh and I join him.

The house must consist of three floors. The color of the house is white, and the roof is black. It is simply gorgeous. When we go inside, again, I'm struck.

The inside of the house is basically twinkling. The floor is marbled and it looks hella expensive. There's a big, grand chandelier hanging at the living room, a plasma TV is placed in the center of three, looking soft and expensive couches. From the living room, on either side, is one of the typical 'big house' I see on televisions. Two stairs are either side of the wall. Curve. But what makes it more grand is it simpleness. Behind the TV, is a library. The door is opened, so I can see the books neatly places on the shelves. Four red beanies are inside the room. The room has a huge window, overlooking the fountain. It looks like Cupid or something.

Yep. Definitely Cupid.

On my side is a room for the dining area, and when you go further, you will get into the kitchen area. This house is too much. On the right is a room for the guests. I don't know what's inside since the door is just slightly opened.

Mike leads us to our room. I have thought that Brad and I are going to share a bed, but it seems like Mike has a different plan. He first leads us to Brad's room. Brad runs around the room, grinning widely. We leave Brad there for a while and Mike leads me to my own room. This is freaking too much.

When we enter the room, my eyes immediately scan it. The room is too big for me. There is a cabinet, a big one, on the corner of the room. The room is practically like an apartment. It has a mini fridge, bathroom, drawers, big mirrors, big windows, carpeted floor. God.

Mike grabs the boxes that I've been dragging and I help him. He says he's going to prepare a snack for us when I grab his hand. He looks at it, then to me.

"Mike, thank you." I say, smiling genuinely to him. His breathing becomes ragged and he just nods and scurries away, blushing. It does happen to him a lot lately.

I unpack the boxes and start putting it onto the king-sized bed. I don't know if I should put my clothes inside the big cabinet, but it would look like I'm invading this room. Which I'm probably doing right now. I don't who's the past owner of the room, the room is so simple. I inspect every corner of the room, opening the drawers one by one, and when I open the last drawer, a bunch of pictures greet me. It's the pictures of Mike when he was young. When he was a baby. When he was thirteen years old. When he was with his friends. He looked so happy.

Then I realize one thing, Mike is the owner of the room. He's letting me use it temporarily. From what I guess, the room hasn't been used for ages. But it's definitely being cleaned once in a while. The smell of fried bacon invades my nostril and my stomach grumbles. I put aside my things and decide that it can wait. The food can't.

When I get into the dining area, Brad is already seated and looking at the fried bacon on the bacon. Mike pats his head and gives him a plate and puts some bacon on it. I take a seat beside him. And he blushes again.

The table is quite long. It can accommodate 5-8 people, but I chose to sit beside him. Because I want to be near him.

And soon, close to him. Very close.

We begin eating the bacon and Mike is aware of me. Aware of what I'm doing. I always brush my skin against him, and every time our skins touch, he'd freeze and shut his eyes. I begin to make a conversation.
"The room you led me to, how has it been since the last person occupied it?" I ask him, looking at him through my lashes, waiting for his answer. He purses his lips.

"Probably a decade ago," he says, biting his bottom lip and I have the thought of biting it. I brush it off immediately. "It was my room when I was a kid," he says, looking at his plate.

"So it was yours," I tease, a grin starting to form on my lips. He immediately blushes. "There are so many rooms in this house. I wonder why..."

"You can choose," he says nervously, waiving his hand in the air. "Feel free. I thought you would like it since it has a nice view." He babbles in a cute manner.

"I like it," I confess, smiling at him. "Very. Though it feels like I'm invading your privacy." I already did invade his privacy when I read those letters he has written.

"Nah, it's fine." He says, shoving a bacon into his mouth. "It should be occupied now because it has been lonely ever since I left it. I remember my friends were always in that room. We always hung out there..." He says, looking up at the ceiling, reminiscing the moments where they had the room for themselves. It must have been a good time back then.

When we are done eating, we immediately head to the living room to watch a movie. Brad wants to watch The Dark Knight Rises, so we watch it. Brad is an avid fan of Batman. He even has the costume of it.
We had a movie marathon until it's bed time. Brad is already fast asleep on the couch, his light snores are so cute to hear. Mike chuckles at that. I scoop him up and go upstairs to bring him into his own room. I place him onto the bed and drape the sheet on him. He clutches the sheet and turns to the side, getting comfy. Mike watches me put a kiss on Brad's forehead and when I'm done, he goes out of the room.

I get out too.

Mike bids me a good night and I swear I'm not letting it pass by. He turns around, so I do what I always do, catch his hand, turn him around, and kiss him full on the lips. It's just a peck, but it leaves us breathless and wanting more. But I stop myself and run into my room, leaving him dumbfounded and wide eyes.
If Brad can get kiss on the forehead, Mike can get a kiss on the lips.

And I swear I'm smiling even when I'm sleeping.