Be With Me: Chapter nine

Rhiannon's Pov.

I woke the next day to the shrill ringing of my Phone. My mouth was dry and my head felt like it had been run over by a bus, my entire body felt stiff and bruised, I felt sweaty and dirty, and my face hurt, it felt like all my makeup had fallen down into the crevices of my face, and probably all over my pillow and would never quite come off.

I opened my eyes as slow as humanly possible as the sunlight burnt my eyeballs alive, or what felt like it anyway.

'Rhi, phone. Now. Eurgh' Harriet mumbled next to me, I didnt even have to look at her to know how rough she felt, I could hear it in her dry, raspy voice. That made two of us at least.

By the time I had sat up it had stopped ringing.

I picked it up and unlocked it, I had a missed call from an unknown number, and I jumped slightly when it rang again.

'Hello?' I said groggily, Eurgh, my voice sounded disgusting. I let my eyes wonder the room and realised I was at Harriet's house... I could hardly remember anything from the night before, but I knew I definitely felt like shit.

'Hey Rhi, it's Jamie...' he said awkwardly.

'Oh, hey Jamie!' I said a little too eagerly.

'Mm.. Missing me already?' he sneered. Cocky prick.

'What do you want?' I asked flatly.

'A date.' He replied nonchalantly.

My breath caught in my throat, and bizarrely, I found myself smiling. 'Oh, and remind me why I'd do that?' I asked sarcastically, still smiling like a Cheshire Cat.

'Because I rocked your world last night' he chuckled. At these words, my throat seemed to become even drier and my heart skipped a few beats. I went to open my mouth and protest in shock but I could not seem to find my words. I wouldn't would I? Especially with - 'joking kitten, don't have a heart attack.' He added. 'But seriously, let me at least attempt to rock your world?' he said playfully.

I was knocked out of my state of shock and thrown into a pit of relief and unexpected happiness. I bit my bottom lip and mumbled. 'mm, okay, I'll give you a chance.'

I heard him chuckle down the phone. 'I'll pick you up at five then snowflake' I laughed down the phone. Snowflake? 'mkay, see you then' and at that I put the phone down and threw it on the bed next to me. All Of a sudden, I felt a lot more refreshed than before, the butterflies definitely were not helping my hangover belly though, wow.

I got up out of bed and went to the bathroom, turning on the water and stepping in the shower. I let the water splash against my aching muscles and my sleepy face and tried to remember parts of last night whilst I washed at least a whole bottle of sambuca out my hair ...

*

'He really punched you?' I said through a spoonful of Hazelnut ice cream, giggling. Trying to push other errant thoughts out of my mind, like why he would do that? Or how we don't talk anymore, or like the fact that-

'It's not funny!' Jamie exclaimed playfully, slapping my hand gently, interrupting my spiralling thoughts. 'My beautiful face, look at the bruise!' he said moving closer across the table to me to show me.

'I see no bruise?' I said confused, moving closer to him

'no, look, here' he said pointing to his cheek. 'come closer and you'll see it!'

I moved closer and before I knew it, his soft lips were against mine, we were partially stood, partially sat down at a table in a diner, exploring each other's mouths, I giggled slightly and pulled away, blushing.